Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #1

Leveler Mounting Height

Just purchased a XLR NITRO with hydraulic leveler system. The jacks are mounted very low, so much that they are within 1 inch of dragging when entering storage facility. Has anyone raised the jacks it looks like there is quite a-bit of room to move them up? How far did you move yours and what issues will this cause? Is it as simple as unbolting unit and moving it up a few bolt holes? I feel that if I don’t move these some I will bend or damage unit when we start traveling in a few weeks.

Thank you
twentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #2

The very front ones? The back 4 are pretty close to either side of the axles. I have been to two off grid locations. I was more worried about ripping the generator exhaust off or tearing the liscense plate off. I did bend the plate a little.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 AM   #3

the pair directly behind the axles are mounted lower than the ones in front of axles
twentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Mine are the same height. Hard telling with the way they send these things out anymore. I have noticed multiple mounting holes, so don't know why you couldn't raise it.

Tags
mount