Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1

Main TV and Roof top antenna

Just had my Viper 305v14 delivered and going through everything, I was trying to get the main tv to work with rooftop antenna, but not sure if it is connected or not. Anybody have any info on this
phuber9458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Do you have the antennae booster turned on??

You need to use the 12 volt booster (typically where the coax attached to the wall) to get signal from the roof. Turn off for cable use.

You may need to "tune" the antennae to local stations also. Turn antennae and re-scan TV for local stations. The signals are all digital now, and more directional than the old analog signals were.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
The antenna output is on the wall in the garage with the power button, on the same plate is AUX/SAT coax connector. Below that on a brown plate is a single coax connector not labeled. At the main tv there is a brown plate with 2 coax connectors with a cable coming from tv. So far , the only way I've got the main tv to scan and find a channel is to connect a coax from the powered antenna output, run it outside and connect it to the cable input connector. Wish I had a cable run diagram.
phuber9458 is offline   Reply With Quote