Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
CUZISA2

Motorcycle hauling

Okay I'm a bit frustrated right now. I went to work on the Camper tonight to get ready for our bikes. I just noticed I didn't get a center d ring in the back, only in the front. I got back home and pulled up the videos on the unit and yep there is a center d ring in the back. Now I've either got to install one or figure out something else. Ughhh
mgmalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:25 PM   #2

Motorcycle hauling

Screw in some Etrack from Tractor supply with lag bolts. Or, if you talking about street bikes and not dirt bikes, check out B&M Biker Bars, no need for straps. Just installed these in mine, works great. Ride in, lock up and go.
Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:53 PM   #3
CUZISA2

Our camper came with the extreme weather package so we've got a barrier and I'm afraid to tear into it. We have street bikes and I just saw the video on Biker Bars and those look great. I've got to figure out the vapor barrier before I purchase anything. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:05 AM   #4

If it is like my buddy's XLR, you can push the bolts thru the barrier . Try pushing up on the under layer to see if you can feel the flooring.

If not, (like mine), cut a joke in the liner where the plate goes, mount the plate , then tape the insulation and liner back up.

Easier than you think .
Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler View Post
If it is like my buddy's XLR, you can push the bolts thru the barrier . Try pushing up on the under layer to see if you can feel the flooring.
As the buddy referenced here, I can confirm that what you'll probably feel underneath the liner is a layer of foam insulation board that you drill through (along with the plywood) from above, the bit just pokes down through the liner. Easy peasy.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #6

Very easy... especially back there. Sounds like that could be a warranty issue.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
Okay I'm a bit frustrated right now. I went to work on the Camper tonight to get ready for our bikes. I just noticed I didn't get a center d ring in the back, only in the front. I got back home and pulled up the videos on the unit and yep there is a center d ring in the back. Now I've either got to install one or figure out something else. Ughhh
The backer (for where the d ring should have been) is 45" from the ramp door to the front edge. There is a 16ga pc of steel 7" wide 21" long. If you mount the d ring on the front edge of that you should be ok.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
The backer (for where the d ring should have been) is 45" from the ramp door to the front edge. There is a 16ga pc of steel 7" wide 21" long. If you mount the d ring on the front edge of that you should be ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
Obviously that d ring should be there. Contact our warranty department so we can get you handled. PM me if you have any questions.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
CUZISA2

They are sending me a D ring and a floor diagram to assist me with the install. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. Thanks to all on this forum. You are a wealth of knowledge. Now, how many of you have installed Condor Chocks in your XLR? I'm going to install this weekend and am just thinking if the floor is marine plywood and the garage floor I should be able to screw in with larger bolts and attach my plates without messing with the weather package.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #10

I have the Condor and only recently lagged it into floor. I used two 1" lag with washers and it holds. My Condor never moved with my system of tie down, but I had an issue pulling the bike up and out, so I fastened down. I push the Condor to the wall slightly offset to street side; I fasten using the 2 holes. I could get a photo for you, but there ain't much to see.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #11

Oh, I don't use either center D-Ring... I posted photos of how I do it. There are several ways to skin that cat.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #12

I don't know if its marine, but it is 3/4"

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #13

Found my pics... Search for a post "as promised, getting closer to getting gone" sorry its so long. Can't really see the lags into the floor, but can see how I keep the rear tire from "walking"

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #14

Correction on the lags I used... They are 1-1/2" x about #14 or 1/4" hex head metal lags... fully threaded. I used a couple of washers on each so they barely went all the way through, although there was nothing except my insulation on the other side.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 05-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #15

In a previous toy hauler, I used the existing front D rings to hold the Condor Wheel chock down. I made an aluminum angle (3" X 3") long enough to span the D rings, then cut slots so the rings stuck up through the angle. Bolt the angle to the legs to the chock and it's done. I put the hooks on the tie down straps through the D rings so the angle couldn't lift up off of them.