Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
10x

Mounting Flatscreen TVs on 27HFS

Anyone have TVs mounted on swivel wall mount in the front bedroom and garage area? I am concerned about the mounting area being strong enough and being able to be screwed into solid structure in the wall.
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #2

I mounted a Ready America mount in the garage area with a 19" tv. I use velcro strap to secure the tv when traveling. No problems with this setup.
Amazon.com: Ready America MRV3500 Travel TV Wall Mount: Electronics
meandmylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
10x

Where did you attach it to on the wall, where is the stud?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #4

There was a label on the wall that stated attach to attach tv mount here. I think there is a plywood backer in this area. I pushed on the wall and simply found the area where there was the most resistance and fastened there. With the velcro strips holding the tv during transport, it will not shake because of being held snug against the wall and there is less of a chance for the mount coming loose.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmylabs View Post
There was a label on the wall that stated attach to attach tv mount here. I think there is a plywood backer in this area. I pushed on the wall and simply found the area where there was the most resistance and fastened there. With the velcro strips holding the tv during transport, it will not shake because of being held snug against the wall and there is less of a chance for the mount coming loose.
I s there a mounting area like that in the front bedroom?
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #6

There is not a label in the bedroom area. I have not fastened a mount there yet as I am currently using an old tube tv there on the table but I intend to use a Ready America mount there also. I will probably attach to the cabinet and through bold the mount. Again, I will use velcro to hold the tv in place during travel.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
10x

I wonder if there is a stud behind where the outside awning rail mounts? The one I am getting has a power awning and the rail is mounted to the outside wall.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #8

That would be a good guess. Sometimes early early on a frosty morning, you can see exactly where the studs are from the outside. Might be worth a look if in a colder climate.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #9

tv mounts

My wife and I just ordered/took delivery on a 2013 27HFS. We had mounts installed at the factory in the garage and the front bedroom area.

In the garage, the mount in on the interior wall to the left when you walk into the garage room from the bathroom. It was mounted close to the ceiling and the hookups. I can provide pics later tonight if need be.

In the front bedroom area, they had mounted a swivel mount to the bottom of the cabinet space near the light to the left when facing the queen bed. i removed this mount and moved it over to the wall and remounted it to the bottom of the cabinets because I didnt care for the previous location. Now, what I need to do is, in the cabinet above, I have to put a strip of backing board and drill 2 more holes and put bolts thru and secure the mount as more of a piece of mind action because the screws will not completely support the weight of a 19" LED flatpanel. I can provide pics of how I did this as well.

I, too, was curious about where to put the mounts so i figured that by having them installed at the factory, they would put it right into the stud. Instead, they mounted the brackets to interior stud places, i guess to not compromise the outer walls of the camper.

I know that TVs are frowned upon when camping, (at least thats what I was taught because when you are outdoors, ....enjoy the outdoors. If you want to watch TV, stay home and do it) but when it comes to a rainy day, that is one more option that is available to my family as well as playing cards or a board game or something of the like. I, as well as my son. also like to fall asleep to the TV being on. I set the timer and then the eyelids get heavy and then I'm out like a light.
Martins5547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins5547 View Post
My wife and I just ordered/took delivery on a 2013 27HFS. We had mounts installed at the factory in the garage and the front bedroom area.

In the garage, the mount in on the interior wall to the left when you walk into the garage room from the bathroom. It was mounted close to the ceiling and the hookups. I can provide pics later tonight if need be.

In the front bedroom area, they had mounted a swivel mount to the bottom of the cabinet space near the light to the left when facing the queen bed. i removed this mount and moved it over to the wall and remounted it to the bottom of the cabinets because I didnt care for the previous location. Now, what I need to do is, in the cabinet above, I have to put a strip of backing board and drill 2 more holes and put bolts thru and secure the mount as more of a piece of mind action because the screws will not completely support the weight of a 19" LED flatpanel. I can provide pics of how I did this as well.

I, too, was curious about where to put the mounts so i figured that by having them installed at the factory, they would put it right into the stud. Instead, they mounted the brackets to interior stud places, i guess to not compromise the outer walls of the camper.

I know that TVs are frowned upon when camping, (at least thats what I was taught because when you are outdoors, ....enjoy the outdoors. If you want to watch TV, stay home and do it) but when it comes to a rainy day, that is one more option that is available to my family as well as playing cards or a board game or something of the like. I, as well as my son. also like to fall asleep to the TV being on. I set the timer and then the eyelids get heavy and then I'm out like a light.
Get some pictures if you can.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #11

As you can see in the front, if you look to the left, on the underside of the cabinet, you can see the holes where the mount previously was. I removed it from that location and moved it to the wall but the bracket is still mounted to the underside of the cabinet. I had to modify the mount by tightening the bolt at the swivel point. It is tight enough that it takes a good amount of force to make the tv swivel back and forth. The only other thing i need to do is add the piece of wood to the inside of the cabinet and put bolts through to add more stability to the mount.

The mount in the rear garage area is where the factory put the mount. I have not inspected where the studs are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front bedroom tv mount.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24285   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear tv mount.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24286  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins5547 View Post
As you can see in the front, if you look to the left, on the underside of the cabinet, you can see the holes where the mount previously was. I removed it from that location and moved it to the wall but the bracket is still mounted to the underside of the cabinet. I had to modify the mount by tightening the bolt at the swivel point. It is tight enough that it takes a good amount of force to make the tv swivel back and forth. The only other thing i need to do is add the piece of wood to the inside of the cabinet and put bolts through to add more stability to the mount.

The mount in the rear garage area is where the factory put the mount. I have not inspected where the studs are.
I like the front mount. Any idea where that tv bracket is sold?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #13

Got the brackets from the factory like this. no idea where they got them from. sorry.