Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
So, I shouldn't waste money on the front strap kit?
No....don't waste you're money. Mine sits in the packaging unused. And one other note: make sure when you install the mount bracket, that you don't have any pipes, wires, or framework on the underside before you drill. Just figure out where you want it, cut the bottom open, feel around, then drill if everything is clear.
Top B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebottlesniper View Post
Seems that there cannot be anything under the garage floor but light wiring. I would assume that the wiring was attached to a frame rail, and likely on the perimeter. For removable requirements an expanding anchor that will grip the floor material should work. For permanent mounts a togglebolt would be more secure unless you can fond a way to locate the floor joists, that is.
Having said all that rest assured that i have never mounted anything in a toy hauler garage, so take my suggestions as just that. I beleive that i would avoid disturbing the insulation and belly sheathing. I intend to toggle bolt tiedowns to the floor to secure a side by side when the time comes to load up. As of now i am awaiting delivery.......
My 5'er (a vengeance) has a 25 gallon fuel tank underneath there that holds fuel for my generator and the fuel station on the aft port side of he unit (for fueling the toys you carry).
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #43
Senior moment Junior Memb

Well, now there ya go. I guess that's why there is a forum here...some have more experience than others. Of course you are correct.. That fuel tank and associated lines etc. Do require consideration. I am suitably red-faced. Thanx for keeping us straight.
:
Thebottlesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebottlesniper View Post
Well, now there ya go. I guess that's why there is a forum here...some have more experience than others. Of course you are correct.. That fuel tank and associated lines etc. Do require consideration. I am suitably red-faced. Thanx for keeping us straight.
LOL, no worries. Every toy hauler is different so just wanted to share what I knew was in my version and why I wasn't drilling holes etc ;-)
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chocks, motorcycle, mounting, mounting chocks, toy hauler