Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #1

Need Help with XLR Nitro 24FQSL

Hi all!!,

Hey I just bought my first trailer and I am learning how LITTLE the dealers and Forest River support the overall systems they sell.

I was looking for a lube chart and wiring diagram for my unit and I was told none of that existed. All we get is the generic pdf "manual" that really does not address the specifics of the unit as a whole. I guess this is standard business practice with trailers and designed to force one to use the dealers for maintenance issue..

Any way I have a question. My unit has three issues right of the bat and neither the dealer where I bought it (not in the state I live) or the XLR rep can/will answer me.

First one.. There is a cable that drops down to the RIGHT of the DVD/CD/Stereo. It is two RCA Jacks (Red and White) with an adapter to a mini jack. One would think you could hook a phone or other device and play sound through it to the stereo. HOWEVER, there is no response from it. I put the Stereo in AUX and nothing. There is an AUX jack on the stereo so that does not seem to be what this is for? Anyone KNOW? They did NOT KNOW!

Second. There are three switches ABOVE the power panel. Two of them do overhead lights the other WHO KNOWS. I see nothing! Why is it there? Nothing in the manual and THEY did not know.

Third. There are cables hanging down where the TV would be located. There is the standard RED, WHITE, and Yellow Cable and then there is a RED, WHITE, and COAX cable (END not on COAX). Why are there two sets of AUDIO cables? Do both send sound????? Why is there a COAX when there is a Wall Jack COAX connection above where the cable comes out. THEY DID NOW KNOW????

I attached pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160518_105029(1).jpg
Views:	166
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	110008   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160518_105020.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	110009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160519_132328(1).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	110010  
rdbrooks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #2

For some reason my pictures are rotated to the LEFT. Imagine them Rotated 90 degrees to the RIGHT for the correct orientation. Thanks
rdbrooks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #3

The red white and yellow hook to tv and your stereo plays DVDs that gives you video and sound out of your camper speakers like surround sound your switch is either your back loading lights or your service lights or a fuel pump cut off you just have to turn it on and walk around and look I don't know your options that you have but I had a mistery switch and ended up being under step lights

2017 hyper lite 29hfs
2012 dodge 2500 cummins
Chrism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #4

The mini jack might hook to your tv head phone jack to produce power the other coax cables I think are for sat and cable maybe and out door tv on the door side? Best is to pull the wall plate off with the booster on it to see where everything hooks up

2017 hyper lite 29hfs
2012 dodge 2500 cummins
Chrism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Your mystery switch maybe your tank heater.
IHDRIDER00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr