Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

Need some advice garage area

We took delivery of our XLR 27 last November and it has been garaged since. I have a Polaris RZR with brush guards on front and rear. The RZR is 9 foot even... so this will put me up against the doors both front and back.

Will this be a problem ? I was thinking of putting an appliance blanket at each end to keep from getting rub marks.

If I really have to I could take the front brush guard off but I don't think that will make a difference because I think the tires will still touch.

This is all new to me. Would you load it in backwards since the motor is in the rear of the RZR and that would put the weight closer to the axles.

When strapping down would you run the straps from rear of buggy to front floor tie downs and front to rear or just tie them down to the nearest tie down.

We will be going through the West Virginia mountains to Hatfield & McCoy trails and this is the first time hauling any where let a lone in the mountains. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
We took delivery of our XLR 27 last November and it has been garaged since. I have a Polaris RZR with brush guards on front and rear. The RZR is 9 foot even... so this will put me up against the doors both front and back.

Will this be a problem ? I was thinking of putting an appliance blanket at each end to keep from getting rub marks.

If I really have to I could take the front brush guard off but I don't think that will make a difference because I think the tires will still touch.

This is all new to me. Would you load it in backwards since the motor is in the rear of the RZR and that would put the weight closer to the axles.

When strapping down would you run the straps from rear of buggy to front floor tie downs and front to rear or just tie them down to the nearest tie down.

We will be going through the West Virginia mountains to Hatfield & McCoy trails and this is the first time hauling any where let a lone in the mountains. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem my rzr rubs front and back. Only had mine for 2 months and the trim to the bath room is tore all to hell. I'm going to pull the brush guards to save my camper. They need a 10 foot.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #3

That is going to be a tight fit. I don't think it will matter backwards or forward as long as it fits. I would use tie downs from the front pulling to the back and from the back pulling toward the front.

Nights Camped 2012 (7) 2013 (33) 2014 (27) 2015 (34) 2016 (4)
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #4

Thanks guys I figured so on the brush guard. I think I can get a way with taking just the front one off just 4 bolts. The back one is a PITA.

FunTimes did you have your tires chalked too or just tied down.

Did you get the bunk in the rear? Just curious if the RZR fit under it without taking it out.

I will be bringing it home Sunday from storage and opening it up. Then I guess that will tell all may even take some pics to post on here.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #5

It will fit under the bunk but they raised it up to the highest setting. I also chalk the tires but the rzr still rubs.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #6

I have a XLR 380 ,I haul a RZR 4 900 in the garage ,I have to take porch rails off,remove spare tire on rzr,When I load it I have 1/2 inch. In front and a 1/2 in the back,I strap it down tight with 4 straps and rides in the garage like a champ.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #7

Is that a 9 foot garage or 10 foot on the 380
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #8

It's a 12 ft. Garage.