Old 07-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #11
2014 XLR 27HFS

Third table leg made it solid. Wife wants it shorter though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Before above.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	82489   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Foot.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	82490   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 Attach top.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	82491   Click image for larger version

Name:	9 After above.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	82492  

Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #12

I agree with the OP items.

A 15k BTU air conditioner should be standard with the start assist capacitor. It was 101° today... The best the 13.5 could do was 83° and that was by closing off the garage and blocking the AC duct to the garage. It ran nonstop for many hours. And this was with floor insulation and windows covered with Reflectix.

Light switch locations need more thought... The front door has the 3 gang plus the slide toggle plus the awning toggle mounted helter skelter. In the dark it is hard to find the main room light switch. Also, the cargo light inside is at the bathroom door and awkward to get to in the dark especially with toys in the way. There should be single switches at the doors at both doors!!!

The sound/ radio layout and hardware is poor. The radio in the pantry with inside and outside speakers that can't be controlled. The TV on the other wall. There should be a much better multi function unit such as Jenson unit with CD/ DVD / FM / Bluetooth / iPod. / weather band that controls the speaker. Even a 21RR greywolf came with a better setup.... So did my Eagle Super Lite. With the ac running you cannot hear the radio or the television (I have wireless headset for me).

While I'm being picky... Who thought a "reading light" over the bed should be shining straight down in your face. It should be at the head shinning toward the foot of the bed. I added a battery operated remote light, but shouldn't have had to.

I'd like to see a 50 amp option with garage AC ready.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #13

Table Legs

Take a block of wood and hammer and carefully tap the black cap off the leg while someone holds and turns it. Drill out the rivet and cut 2inches off and relocate spring clip. Re-glue black cap and install.Momma is very happy!!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to chuckw5kav
I'm Puzzled, if there is so much wrong with the trailer way buy, we looked
at a number of TH, none fit the bill so we didn't buy.
W5KAV
This years Camping 75 days
chuckw5kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:53 AM   #15

Many of the things wouldn't bother most people, but are suggestions for improvement... others are not realized until after using it. It is however true that some were known issues. I probably shouldn't be like I am, but I had to consider the price and weight, then looking it over I saw things that could be improved but knew I would rather fix them than double the price and maybe the weight. I don't think a trailer ... any trailer leaves the factory perfect in the eyes of every owner. Otherwise the accessory industry wouldn't exist. Still other owners are more vocal. I look at ways to make things better. There isn't a perfect toyhauler, but a few relative simple changes could make ours much closer to ideal.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #16

Chuckw----

You got it wrong kinda like WW post what have you done to your TH today - if there is no feedback how is a manufacture gonna improve their product - this is real time feedback from the end user -

I looked at every single TH out there for months and months - kinda OCD about comparing TH - and I can tell you the XLR Hyperlight 29hsf is the perfect fit for myself and my wife - very happy with purchase - and nobody could even come close to price point -

BUT - There is always room for Improvement! That applies to all brands.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #17

^ What he said!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #18

X3.....all these post are just trying to help FR and not bash them. We know that some really good people from FR watch these threads and take our comments seriously for future enhancements.
I for one have been very happy with my 29hfs purchase AND the mods I have done to it...
Old 07-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #19

X4
Old 07-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #20

Pin holes to lower the rear bed down a bit more when not in use so as to not block rear air conditioner

wrsmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications