Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #1

New Floorplans

We are shopping to upgrade from our WP30WRS. So while visiting a dealer were told that these are supposed to be new and showing at a dealer show next week. The dealer said he would try and send some pictures by the end of next week.

2012 Work & Play 30WRS
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4
the3gibsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #2

I'm liking that extra restroom...
Old 09-22-2015, 06:45 AM   #3

No dinettes? That seems odd. I don't think I've come across any floorplans that didn't have a dinette in my search. Granted, that was in travel trailers, but I didn't think 5th wheels would be any different.
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #4

New Floorplans

In the XLRs you can get a dinette where the couch is, but imho the reclining couch is way better. The XLRs come with folding tables for the garage folding bench bed. No real need for a dinette. Basically, there is a full 4 seater picnic table once the back is set up. You can also use the other table and put in front of the couch if need be. The XLR TTTH are pretty much the same as the 5ths in regards to the dinette option.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:23 AM   #5

This link to pictures (not endorsing this dealer, just did a quick search) showing eating arrangements... how that works on many toy haulers.

The lightest in the line (Nitro) should be the 29UDQL5, BTW.
WW

2016 Forest River Xlr Nitro 34DQL5 Fifth Wheel Ellwood City, PA Clem's RV and Trailer Sales | Pennsylvania RV Dealer | PA RV Sales

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:26 AM   #6

oh ok - I see now. The "garage" becomes the dining room.
esloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #7

We really like the 36DBK5, and were told that changes are being considered because the 1/2 bath lost space in the garage. Liking that, but hope the King bed on the slideout is still and option. Notice also that the TV is now on a slant to make viewing easier from the recliners.

2012 Work & Play 30WRS
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4
the3gibsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esloser View Post
oh ok - I see now. The "garage" becomes the dining room.
And, second bedroom with 2 queen beds... and a garage... very flexible and these even work for people without toys.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #9

I would never get a model with the refer on / in a slide out. Too much weight for the mechanism. But, finding one you like without that, could be a challenge, or impossible.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #10

The 4 door refer from Dometic weighs 242 lbs I would think the 4 recliners together would close to that on the other slide plus that slide is twice as wide and they use the same slide system ram and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I would never get a model with the refer on / in a slide out. Too much weight for the mechanism. But, finding one you like without that, could be a challenge, or impossible.
WW

WW,

I've have two slideouts one for the couch and the other has the refer, oven/stove, and microwave. I've noticed the refer slideout is very peppy and weight doesn't seem to be an issue. The couch slide is another story. It's slow and lethargic. Almost like it's under powered at times. Based on my observations I'll have a problem on the couch side long before the refer side. Hopefully I'll have no problems with either....knock on wood

The only issue I've had with the refer in the slide is exhausting the heat (no rooftop vent). I had to install the 140mm computer fans which seems to be working quite well now.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #12

I'm really lik'in the 12-6 garage and the master bath tub. If the tub could be had with a seat for handicap use,a "U" dinette instead of the recliners,and some useable counter top space,maybe two fold ups like they used to make? , I'd be real interested!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladden View Post
The 4 door refer from Dometic weighs 242 lbs I would think the 4 recliners together would close to that on the other slide plus that slide is twice as wide and they use the same slide system ram and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Just what I've heard from full timers who have had kitchen sides fail. I see some Dometics weigh under 200# and a recliner about the same, but that is empty and who has an empty fridge camping? If my kitchen was on a slide, the range, sink, fridge (plus contents), water pump, water heater, furnace and a lot of cabinetry would also be in the slide. On the couch slide... it is the couch and overhead storage cabinet, which is pretty light. Just a thought,
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
WW,

I've have two slideouts one for the couch and the other has the refer, oven/stove, and microwave. I've noticed the refer slideout is very peppy and weight doesn't seem to be an issue. The couch slide is another story. It's slow and lethargic. Almost like it's under powered at times. Based on my observations I'll have a problem on the couch side long before the refer side. Hopefully I'll have no problems with either....knock on wood

The only issue I've had with the refer in the slide is exhausting the heat (no rooftop vent). I had to install the 140mm computer fans which seems to be working quite well now.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Several full timers have shared that under lessons learned, or what i would have done differently, had I known then what I know now. And typical of me, I share it and have a half dozen people tell me why I'm full of it.

I 303d the heck out of my slide seals yesterday and the opening / closing times are cut in half, or so it seems.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #15

Interesting. But I think I would want a place to eat in the living quarters. If it's pouring rain or something like that I don't like to leave the bike out.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #16

I have a 425 Thunderbolt and my slide only has the refer stove/oven and microwave with drawer under stove and refer. There is an Island in the middle that has the sink with three barstools that came with it that we eat at if not eating outside and my pump/furnace/hotwater heater are all in the basement under the bath and bedroom in a separate compartment.
egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Interesting. But I think I would want a place to eat in the living quarters. If it's pouring rain or something like that I don't like to leave the bike out.

2014 XLR27HFS
I'm with you BHF, I have TV trays and eat on the recliner. I've had trailers with dinette's and never needed one; in the Jayco only small people could use it... chairs were too close to table, when all the way back. But, to each his or her own. I respect that.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladden View Post
I have a 425 Thunderbolt and my slide only has the refer stove/oven and microwave with drawer under stove and refer. There is an Island in the middle that has the sink with three barstools that came with it that we eat at if not eating outside and my pump/furnace/hotwater heater are all in the basement under the bath and bedroom in a separate compartment.
Your kitchen, especially the island is very nice, for sure. My little 29HFS, needless to say, has a very minimalist kitchen. It makes it up for those things, by being able to get into more places, but believe it or not, I would rather have something even smaller. Now, if I was full timing, that would be a whole other story, as they say.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 09-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #19

I know it's probably not a good idea for weight distribution, but I'd like to see the 31FDK with the open trailer on the back. Having a door go out to it from the main camper would be pretty cool. That model seems to need a slide something awful with 3 bigger beds in it. Couldn't imagine 3 or 4 people stacked up in there.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I'm with you BHF, I have TV trays and eat on the recliner. I've had trailers with dinette's and never needed one; in the Jayco only small people could use it... chairs were too close to table, when all the way back. But, to each his or her own. I respect that.

WW

That's exactly what we do WW. Hated the dinette and we got a tremendous deal on two RV size Lazy Boy recliners at the Goshen rally.

2014 XLR27HFS
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote