Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #41
Just Love to Camp

Boy ole boy you have opened a can of worms bulletbob. I would just like to say I do ♡ my XLR. Tell the guys that you work with that even though we have problems we still love her and wouldn't trade her and to keep up the good work

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
Cool! Which campground you staying at?

Cackleberry Campground across the road from the Cabbage Patch
Old 12-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #43
XLR Production

Hey guys if I can help I will. Been here since the beginning.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtbv62 View Post
Cackleberry Campground across the road from the Cabbage Patch
So you'll be close to all the mayhem? A few of my buddies and I reserved 3 sites at Thunder Gulch up in Bunnell. A little ways away from the craziness, but the place has it's own bar/club, live entertainment, and full hookups, plus it's pretty affordable. I can't wait...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #45

Scheduled to come off the line January 20th and head to the paint shop!!!
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #46
Coachmen Adrenaline

I'm guessing you got the Black Pearl Paint then. There are a couple pictures of a Black Pearl unit on our XLR Facebook page's plant tour album if you haven't seen a finished one yet.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
I'm guessing you got the Black Pearl Paint then. There are a couple pictures of a Black Pearl unit on our XLR Facebook page's plant tour album if you haven't seen a finished one yet.
Yes... well... sort of. I started with the Black Pearl and customized it a bit. Should be a beautiful setup when done! I've seen the official Black Pearl on dealer websites but can't wait to see my version...
Old 01-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #48
Coachmen Adrenaline

Oh yes. I did hear something about a customized Black Pearl paint unit. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when it comes back from the paint shop as well. Our paint units are some of the best looking on the market in my opinion.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
Oh yes. I did hear something about a customized Black Pearl paint unit. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks when it comes back from the paint shop as well. Our paint units are some of the best looking on the market in my opinion.

I completely agree. XLR is one of the few out there that I wouldn't say looked too loud with full body paint. Also, the only company that makes a color scheme with no real colors. Black Pearl is black, silver, and gray. I like it from a purist standpoint. When I mentioned to my dealer about substituting colors I thought it would be a quick NO. In 5 minutes he emailed me back and told me you all said sure, let us know what the customer wants and we'll get it done! I was pretty surprised and jumped on the opportunity. Mine is going to be two Ford colors I really like. Ingot Silver metallic and Magnesium metallic. I skipped the black and just used the Magnesium both where the XLR gray was and where the XLR black was. Silver stayed where it was. I preferred not having black for a couple of reasons. First, it shows dirt and scratches more than any other color. Second, it will soak up the sun more too. My old saying was, black is the best looking color on a vehicle bar none when it's clean. The problem is, it's never clean... Anyways, can't wait to see it. Ford's metallics have real depth so I'm sure it will be eye catching...
Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #50
Coachmen Adrenaline

We have done a few customized paint jobs. the last of them being Seattle sports colors for a dealer in Seattle. Pics of this 395 are also on our Facebook page. Customization of any kind can be difficult at times, but paint doesn't require us to change or reengineer anything...so it's an easy yes. I'm sure it will turn out amazing!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #51

That makes sense. While I have your ear John, one thing I would mention being of benefit to customers and would certainly helps sales, would be to have the option of Goodyear G614 load range G tires. Many guys like me take their brand new trailers in as soon as we get them to get these put on and it certainly would be something I would have ordered from the factory if available. Now, technically, I have to buy two sets... (Although, I'll sell the ones that come with it on craigslist...) I know Heartland finally listened to their customers about this and it's now an option on their haulers. Hey, you all would make the money on selling the tires instead of my local tire shop and save me the work. It's a win for both of us... Just something to mention to the higher ups at the water cooler when gossip is slow...
Old 01-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #52
Coachmen Adrenaline

New Guy in Town with an XLR

That has been an option for at least a few months or longer that I know of. We offer our regular brand in "G" rated as an option.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #53

Think it's too late to add it to my build???
Old 01-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #54
Coachmen Adrenaline

Talk to your dealer on this.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #55

Will stick with GY but thanks for the info...
Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #56
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I completely agree. XLR is one of the few out there that I wouldn't say looked too loud with full body paint. Also, the only company that makes a color scheme with no real colors. Black Pearl is black, silver, and gray. I like it from a purist standpoint. When I mentioned to my dealer about substituting colors I thought it would be a quick NO. In 5 minutes he emailed me back and told me you all said sure, let us know what the customer wants and we'll get it done! I was pretty surprised and jumped on the opportunity. Mine is going to be two Ford colors I really like. Ingot Silver metallic and Magnesium metallic. I skipped the black and just used the Magnesium both where the XLR gray was and where the XLR black was. Silver stayed where it was. I preferred not having black for a couple of reasons. First, it shows dirt and scratches more than any other color. Second, it will soak up the sun more too. My old saying was, black is the best looking color on a vehicle bar none when it's clean. The problem is, it's never clean... Anyways, can't wait to see it. Ford's metallics have real depth so I'm sure it will be eye catching...
I'm going over your order and it is calling for an LP quick disconnect? Where are you wanting it located. We will have to special order parts for this.
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
I'm going over your order and it is calling for an LP quick disconnect? Where are you wanting it located. We will have to special order parts for this.
Bob, on my past Road Warrior it was door side front under the slam baggage area. In looking at a picture of a 395AMP it looks like ideally it would be anywhere from the pair of slam baggage doors forward. Does that work?
Old 01-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #58

Speaking of the G614 tires, will they fit on the stock rims?

I have the 8 lug, 16x6.0JJ rims with ST235/80R/16E Westlakes on them. Would like to put the Goody year G16's in LT235/85R/16G on those rims.

I cant find any info on what type of rims they are and if they can handle 110 psi.

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #59

It's stamped on the back of the rim. They make you work for it.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #60

I crawled under there and couldn't see anything on the backside of the rim.
Guess I didn't look well enough.

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr