Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Our couch on our Rockwood 8293RKSS had some unusual puckering of the fabric on one of the back cushions. I noticed it right away and took our unit back the weekend after our "shakedown" trip in May. Our dealer sent it out to a local upholstery shop to see if they could rectify it and it actually looked worse, so our dealer ordered a new back for our couch. Delivery will take 6-8 weeks, which should be in early August sometime. I'm not sure what your dealer is telling FR; could this be a case of your dealer not communicating what the problem really is?
I thought I'd post an update on this, since my original post above was made on 7/13/2011. We STILL DO NOT have the replacement back for our couch. It has now been nearly 11 months since we took our TT back to our dealer to get the couch looked at. Had to submit ANOTHER photo last week and hopefully it will get resolved this time around. Dealer told us that his contact at FR is no longer there and that Doug Fought is now handling it, along with Todd Stringfellow. This isn't a huge issue and we can use our TT fully with the defective couch. But it makes you wonder what would happen if a more urgent repair were needed, which would affect your ability to use your TT. We have now noticed that the glue joints are opening up on our stand-alone dinette table and have sent photos to FR along with the couch photos. We'll see how long it takes to get this replaced. I'll post updates if/when I hear from them or my dealer.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote