Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

New XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS leveling

I have a new XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS and need help leveling ... I must be doing something wrong ... do you use the stabilizing jacks to level the camper side to side? If so ... what suggestions do you have for a drill to use on the jacks? I have tried three drills (2 cordless and 1 corded) and as soon as the jacks hit the ground they stop ... I have tried those jack pads and blocks and the same thing happens ... as soon as the jacks hit the pads they stop ... am I not using the right drill? Or am I doing it wrong?

Also ... where is the best place to check to see if it's level?

Thanks in advance for the help
Brad
selandbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #2

To level the unit side to side you'll need leveling blocks under the wheels. The stabilizers are not designed to carry the weight of the trailer. They are simply there to help keep the rocking to a minimum.
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

This what I use with good success. https://andersenhitches.com/Products...r-leveler.aspx
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #4

As mentioned earlier, the scissor jacks on each corner is not meant to level your trailer. Those are there to help reduce the rocking of the trailer when youre walking around in it.

To level side to side, you will need to level with the wheels. Most popular choices are those yellow lego-looking blocks that you can drive onto. I have since gotten the andersen wheel levelers and that changed the game for me. Easily youtube videos of how they work. I have attached a picture of mine leveling a 29HFS.

To level front to back is with your tongue jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8741.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	140308  
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #5

X3 on the Anderson levelers. Best things ever.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #6
Newly Retired

i have a variety of pieces of boards to use under the tires.
Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #7

X4 Anderson works. Period. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	140467
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #8

X2 on stab purpose and Andersen levelers, but if on soft ground ... I carry 4' x 12" 3/4 plywood to go under the Andersen's. Sometimes where to start on the site makes a difference. Get east to west right... chock the wheels (love X-Bal)... take off TV... raise or lower tongue to get north to south close; I lower the rear stabs and then might raise the tongue slightly to load em up... then work on the front stabs. Before extending the slide out. If you seriously run stab down on one side, you can upset east to west slightly... but we ain't making watches.
WW
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #9

X2 on stab purpose and Andersen levelers, but if on soft ground ... I carry 4' x 12" 3/4 plywood to go under the Andersen's. Use pads under stabs. Sometimes where you position on the site makes a difference. Get east to west right... chock the wheels (love X-Bal)... unhitch... raise or lower tongue to get north to south close; I lower the rear stabs and then might raise the tongue slightly to load em up... then work on the front stabs. Before extending the slide out. If you seriously run stab down on one side, your can upset east to west slightly... but we ain't making watches.
WW
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #10

We are rarely on any ground that is level while camping at the races, I carry 3 pieces of 2x10 about 4' long and a few odd blocks they work fine for me , I also carry a few pieces for under the stabilizer jacks so they don't dig in.
Berjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, lite, xlr