Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #1

NITRO 24 FQSL A/C Quit Cooling 3rd. trip out.

One 3 day and one 4 day camping trip it worked great. Next trip out it would not cool. I live in N. GA. Came home and called Dometic for the nearest repair service. It was Gause Rv Center in Hiawassee, Ga. I took the TH over to drop it off and was told Rick was going to look at it right then. Within about twenty minutes, He said the unit was toast. They called Dometic and after only 1 hour and a half we were on our way with a new unit installed. All covered under warranty.

IS THAT SERVICE OR WHAT!

2008 Honda Silver Wing

Old 09-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmtnrider View Post
One 3 day and one 4 day camping trip it worked great. Next trip out it would not cool. I live in N. GA. Came home and called Dometic for the nearest repair service. It was Gause Rv Center in Hiawassee, Ga. I took the TH over to drop it off and was told Rick was going to look at it right then. Within about twenty minutes, He said the unit was toast. They called Dometic and after only 1 hour and a half we were on our way with a new unit installed. All covered under warranty.

IS THAT SERVICE OR WHAT!

2008 Honda Silver Wing
My Dometic bit the dust (the first time) and I called Camper's Inn on the way back home from a hot and not too nice trip. Gator is the service manager's name, BTW. They took me right in and diagnosed the problem and ordered a unit within an hour. It came in the next day, but too late to go back down there, so the next morning I went and they had a new one on in under an hour. Hard to beat your experience, but CI in Jax is pretty good, I think. I suspect with all these Dometics going bad the dealers are getting very good at swapping them. Now, my second unit is bad. I am calling CI in a few and see how they do this time, plus a few other warranty issues.
WW

Old 09-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #3

That's service, alright.

Bruce
Old 09-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #4

great now I will be worried about ours we have a 2015 24 fqsl have been out about 8 times this year with no problems, but when we picked up our unit we waited about 2 hours because they were fixing a few issues they caught while getting our unit ready for delivery. we will be using the furnace now mostly which by the way works great. take care joe
Old 09-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #5

Dometic AC

Both of my Dometic AC's have gone out and been replaced under warranty. The back AC went out on the second trip and the fron went out a year later to the week. Every one I talk too says they just dont make these AC units to last. I am happy to say I bought an extended warranty because the Dometic digital thermostat went out a few weeks ago. Sandpiper 365SAQ.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #6

Great to hear about good service!

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
Old 09-22-2015, 09:04 PM   #7

Not totally sure about the accuracy, but read somewhere the Dometic is made in China.... China bomb tires underneath and Cheap China Crap on top. woo boy! My Dometic went out with dogs in the rig and we came back to 93 degrees and panting puppies. Not impressed with Dometic as a choice, but then most of the electronics in my rig are Chinese. Hope they are better quality.
120 days out 2017

Illegitmi Non Carborundum
LairdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmtnrider View Post

IS THAT SERVICE OR WHAT!

2008 Honda Silver Wing
Good service is working for 15 years and no service needed!, just sayin...

Tags
cooling