Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #11

W&P is a cargo trailer with some converted (limited) living space. Higher cargo cap, but heavy as heck! XLRs are campers with a garage. Less cargo cap, but nicer living space. Loading and unloading not a problem, for the most part. Height not an issue, either. I do feel a little like an abandoned orphan with FR discontinuing the HFS-5, though.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #12

Had several friends over last night and we spent some time hanging out in the Nitro in the driveway. The two oposing couches with table in the garage combined with the party deck made for a real spacious area to hang out in. The gals hung out there while the guys kicked back in the recliners on the couch in the living room. These rooms combined with a private bedroom up front and two foot higher ceilings make it seem way larger than my 27hfs. The 27hfs was 30-31 feet from the trucks bumper to the back of the trailer and this trailer is about the same length from the trucks back bumper because of the added length being above the truck bed. But this trailer definitely looks, feels, and is taller than my 27HFS.

Towing wise you can definetly feel the added weight from a getting it up to speed and keeping at speed standpoint. At interstate speeds it tows more stable and tracks straight down the road. It seems less susceptible to sway and wind influences from passing 18 wheelers.

The LED lighting inside and out is much better than the old style lights. Wish there was a dedicated light switch in the living/kitchen area other than on the main control panel behind a cabinet door. So far the reclining couch, separate private bedroom, led lighting, and garage seating with party deck are favorite features. Will be camping soon to see what else can be discovered!

Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #13

You could put a remote with dimmer on the lights so you can run them from anywhere?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #14

WolfWhistle,
Sounds like a good idea. Is that something that could be found in the lighting department at a home improvement store? Thanks for the idea!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #15

I have a remote on/off with dimmer on two LED strips (factory awning and one I added over inside slide (very cool). I used single channel remotes due to the logistics of the distance apart. First link is the ones I have....

PWM 12V Remote Dimmer

They have 2 channel controllersm too, but would require more wiring considerations. Make sure it can handle the wattage (current) of the lights you are going to control.

None remote...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2812612...chn=ps&lpid=82

I also found this kind without remote.
Jr Products 12185 Brown Dimmer on Off Switch with Bezel | eBay

WW
Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #16

Thanks for the info on the dimmers. I'm in the middle of installing wheel chocks right now and am going to look into the dimmers next. Been camping in it and everything seems to be working fine. The trailer is screwed together really well. I really liked the quality and craftsmanship of my 27HFS, and this one is just the same. The extra foot in the garage really makes a difference. It is a tall trailer, but the extra head room makes it feel really roomy on the inside.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #17

The Nitos are taller and heavier but there are models (including yours), I like better than the hyperlites. If you like the quality of the 27 you should love the 29UDQL5!!
Have fun!