Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #11
or the propane valve was turned on too quickly. Turn off the propane and loosen the propane line to relieve the pressure. Slowly turn the valve back on. Turn on a burner on stove to purge air, one you have fire then turn on furnace again. Oh switch fan from on to auto, and give it a few minutes.

rlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #12
Light stove to remove all air then Turn fan to auto.

2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #13
I've had many times where the tank was low but sufficient to lite stove but would not lite furnace. Switched to full tank, furnace could lite. Also, make sure you turn the gas on slow.
Roy and Gail with Rosie and Toby lucky dogs
2013 Salem Hemisphere 286 RLT
2009 Silverado 2500HD

litgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #14
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Air flows good through the vents when the fan is running not a blocked intake
are you allowing the fan to run for a few mins ? it may take 30 sec's up to 90 secs or more before ingntion
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #15
Furnace wont't blow hot air.

If you have tried the power on /off and there are no vent blockages it is probably a faulty hi/lo temp limit switch. It's an easy fix on most units. The hi/low limit switch is a small unit which keeps the combustion chamber from getting too hot. If it fails it prevents the fuel from flowing to your burner. You can google your unit and get the replacement instructions. You can test yours with a simple continuity tester. Good luck. BTW they usually fail on Christmas Eve!!
srennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:10 AM   #16
Same issue

I just had a similar issue in my case it was the high limit switch in the furnace box.
waing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 AM   #17
Replace the sail switch. $10. You have to remove the furnace. Not too difficult.
Steve38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 AM   #18
Thanks for all the great tips guys appiciate the help I will try a few of these and report back I'm going to purge the line first right at the heater as I have been just turning the propane very quickly.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:52 PM   #19
Suburban SF-35F model. I loosened off the fitting to purge the gas line at the furnace I am getting propane. I reset the master switch let it sit for five minutes did not help. Continuity check to Highlow switch was completed showing zero 00.5 at 68F. There is no sail switch it appears to be electronic I'm thinking it's the board what do you think?
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
When the furnace is tiring to light can you hear the spark igniter snapping tiring to light the pilot. If not then the you my have problem with the electronic ignition board or a spider net was built over the pilot and igniter shorting it out and not allowing the furnace to start. Is the tt plugged into 110 volt power. Battery may not have enough power to operate the furnace properly.

Hope this helps Tim

TimVWulp is online now   Reply With Quote