Old 07-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #11

When did this become a dating service?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #12

Lighten up will you.

2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #13

Thanks all been checking things out . most of what i want is the fishing / everglades that's why i'm looking south . don't want to be to far away from the things i want to do . women will be everywhere hence why their second on the list . night life is not a major thing as i'm not looking for a bar hound . costs in the keys is way to much have not found a place down their for less then 1500 a month . need to keep in my budget of no more then 8 or 9 hundred .
Old 07-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #14

Fishing in the Everglades?.... There is Okeechobee (fresh / lake) a fishing haven... "resort" in Chukaluski (10,000 islands / salt) but thats about it.

You should say what kind of fishing... Charter, rental, deep sea. bays, from shore, bridge, salt or fresh??

The sand gnats will eat you alive right now in the keys and most of Fla.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #15

CVS sells cheap vanilla perfume. It's called Body Fantasies French Vanilla. We use it down in south Louisiana at our fish camp inshore fishing. I thought it was a joke when one of the guys handed me some when I was gettin nailed by the bugs. Sure enough, I gave in, tried it, and wasn't touched by another horse fly and the gnats went away too. It doesn't work on mosquitoes, but it keeps the gnats and flies off you for sure.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #16

Check out Tampa South RV Resort in Ruskin FL. It's right in your price range, it's right on the Little Manitee River (and has boat slips), Tampa Bay access within 10 minutes drive, and I noticed several single ladies in the park.
If you have a Kayak there's quite a bit of fishing right from the park. The Sunshine Skyway Bridge causeway and Sarasota area is a 20 minute drive.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #17

When I was down there in March for bike week, we did a ride out in the Ocala National Forest, wound up at Gator Joe's on Lake Weir. It's a huge lake, lots of boating and fishing, and since it's not on the ocean, I'd bet it's more affordable. Might be worth a look. Plus you could always hop in your truck and hit the beach or salt bays if you're looking for salt fishing.
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop11 View Post
Check out Tampa South RV Resort in Ruskin FL. It's right in your price range, it's right on the Little Manitee River (and has boat slips), Tampa Bay access within 10 minutes drive, and I noticed several single ladies in the park.
If you have a Kayak there's quite a bit of fishing right from the park. The Sunshine Skyway Bridge causeway and Sarasota area is a 20 minute drive.
Thanks i'll give them a look . want to get something locked in for winter before it's to late .
Old 07-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Fishing in the Everglades?.... There is Okeechobee (fresh / lake) a fishing haven... "resort" in Chukaluski (10,000 islands / salt) but thats about it.

You should say what kind of fishing... Charter, rental, deep sea. bays, from shore, bridge, salt or fresh??

The sand gnats will eat you alive right now in the keys and most of Fla.
everglade mostly for python hunting , fishing inshore mostly for tarpon . looking for winter nov through march
Old 07-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Thanks i'll give them a look . want to get something locked in for winter before it's to late .
The only problem would be a couple hour drive to get into the Everglades for Python hunting. But there is a real nice sports bar/restaurant about a half mile north of the campground and some of the best Strawberry shortcake in FL right across the road.

Tags
winter