Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1

Please help slide out stuck

Hey guys pretty big issue I tried to put my slide out on my 29hfs it went out 6" then the left side stopped moving . Now I'm assuming there's a motor on each side if that's true the motor on the left side is not working there's no noise I can't get it back in I don't see where the motor is or how to manually move the slide looking for help !!!
powerstroke2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:07 AM   #2

press the in button twice quickly, then press the out button. did both motors turn? I've had to inch mine in and out that way. you can unplug the motors from the controllers and manually push it in or out, plug them back in and it keeps the motors locked. any thing else and you should google schwintec (sp?) slide videos, there are a few that show how do do just about everything...
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #3

SaskJade just had the same problem. Look at controller (7" square black box below the slide for error codes (display under cover). You can find a manual online of as stated by PBH view a YouTube video.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
SaskJade just had the same problem. Look at controller (7" square black box below the slide for error codes (display under cover). You can find a manual online of as stated by PBH view a YouTube video.
WW
Error code says there is a short in the wire between the controller and motor I can't remember the error number I want to say 8.

Now I watched a few videos but the issue here is I can't get the screw on the outside out because the slide is only out like 2-3 inches. Is there a way to just pull the motor from the inside without taking that screw out. Do I have to crawl between the slide and the ceiling on the inside.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #5

I don't want to ruin your day but last year we had the same problem after a camping trip with our Cruiser RV TT. I finally looked under the trailer and found that our frame had bent upwards and the frame was stopping the slide from moving. I hope and pray this is not an issue for you but take a look under the unit just in case. It was determined to be a manufactures defect. The unit was considered totaled but replaced by insurance.
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

pull the fuse for the slide motors and you should be able to push the slide in or out to help. In my previous Thor MH I carried two precut 2x4's to insert in the top of the slide from inside the rv. This will keep the slide from going out if the motors are not powered or removed (if you can get to the bolt to remove them)

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #7

Hey guys so the problem continues I pulled out the motor and saw that some of the wires had come un soldered so I just bought another motor I'll re solder this one as a spare. Got the motor replaced and now if I hold the out button both motors start to go out but the right motor (the old motor) stops and the left motor (the new motor) continues to go out and it puts the slide very sideways. The opposite happens when I try to come in the new motor stops and the one on the right keeps comming putting it even more sideways! I was able to unplug one motor and get it straight. I'm hoping this is an easy fix any one got some solutions?
Old 07-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,
I had issues with the harness itself. The hall sensor on the motor has no feed back so it stop. I wiggle the harness to get it to work again till the dealer replaced everything including the module. Why they don't mount the controller in a accessible location is also beyond me. As well I could get to mine as it was mounted in a cabinet blocked by the slide that did not work.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #9

Maybe the motors are out of sync? Schwintek instructions or videos explain how to synchronize.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #10

Yeah when I first got my motorhome I found my controller well hidden behind a drawer. My next "mod" will be to get into that area to instill some quality workmanship.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #11

the motors stop when the amp draw increases . you can try to sync the motors back up . unit needs slide either all the way in or all the way out. then run it about 8 inches then run it back in or out and hold the switch till it stops on it's own . do this a few times and it should sync the motors .

there is a over ride on the controller . make sure all the connections are good . there is a button in the middle of the controller push it 6 times and on the 7th hold it in the contoller should start to flash and then you have about 60 seconds to run in and operate the slide . this mode overrides faults . to get your slide in . if all else fails unplug the motors this will allow you to push it in manually . then be sure to plug the motors back in as this is what keeps the unit from moving
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out