Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #1

Pocket doors

Hey folks! Took our 2019 XLR 29HFS out the last couple days for its first trip. A couple minor bugs, as expected, nothing too difficult, some operator error. 🤓 But one thing “may” require a trip back to the dealer, but he’s an hour away. One of my front bedroom pocket doors literally bounced out/off the rail when we hit a HUGE swell on the road. I almost wrecked it was so bad. I can’t see how to get it back on the track without tearing off trim at the least, if not pulling the wall apart. Has anyone had to fix one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1DBCFC6B-FDD8-4B2C-B8C8-386F063EDA7D.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	209606  
iammoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #2

I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at but in my TT, the door would pop off the runner some times. The trim over the door was easy to twist out of the way after removing a couple screws. It was easy to fix when the door was pulled out. Near impossible if I were to try to fix it while closed. Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #3

Thanks, I’ll take a closer look at the trim. My picture posted sideways. I’m holding one of the wheels that attach to the top of the door right there on that bolt.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:48 AM   #4

Had issues with mine. Had to remove the trim on the bedroom side to fix. Not a big deal to do so.
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #5

If the wheels found their way out of the track, you may need to start removing the track from the outside wall in until you're able to slide them back in. Also, look to see it the track has and bends where it may not be holding the wheels in properly. If possible, use a pair of vice grips to bend it into proper shape.

Hope that helps.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #6

I got it fixed! It took some ingenuity with a metal coat hangar to get the roller back inside the wall and in the track. And I pulled off the trim on the bedroom side so I could access the bolts to screw them back into the rollers. Thanks everyone!

Tags
door