Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #71
Livin' the Dream
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Saint Cloud,FL
Posts: 77
a month???
im jealous
__________________

__________________
2014 Thunderbolt XLR
vquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Tucson Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 118
It is nice when your retired. Going to Quartsite in Jan for awhile. Good trails but a bit dusty.
__________________

__________________
2014 Ford F450 4+4
2009 XLR 40X12
2009 RZR ready for the trail
2014 RZR XP 1000
Days camped in '16 - 87
Days Camped in '17- 62
Tucson Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #73
Junior Member
 
Donnieburnett2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 29
I wish I was retired. I would live on the road and where ever I could enjoy our unit! PS I don't have long to go before that day.
__________________
Donnieburnett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Tucson Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 118
Being retired sure is nice, but you need money for fuel. That is why we stay at a place for a long time. Also you get a huge discount at campgrounds for a month stay.
__________________
2014 Ford F450 4+4
2009 XLR 40X12
2009 RZR ready for the trail
2014 RZR XP 1000
Days camped in '16 - 87
Days Camped in '17- 62
Tucson Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #75
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,346
Being retired it terrific!! Those are some serious rides there! My 4 wheelers aren't anything like that! Ha!
We have a 2012 Road King Classic....I would love to ride my own....but I love to be on the back and look around when riding!


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
I've been on the forumns for awhile but don't think I have posted pick of rig
That 380 on victory red is exactly what im considering as well.....any issues? ....how does yiur 350 pull it fully fattened up with toys?..

I torn between plunking down on a new 15 f450 or a almost new looking 13 350 platinum ... yours is gorgeous tho...love that fbp!!
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #77
Member
 
Mantisfactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
That 380 on victory red is exactly what im considering as well.....any issues? ....how does yiur 350 pull it fully fattened up with toys?..

I torn between plunking down on a new 15 f450 or a almost new looking 13 350 platinum ... yours is gorgeous tho...love that fbp!!
Had some minor issues nothing major that I didn't take care of.To me the 380 is the best floor plan of all xlr's except small bedroom.i completely demoed bedroom and started from scratch closet is a little smaller now but have more storage space built in,f350 pulls just fine been thru North Carolina mountains and WV mountains has plenty of stop, and plenty of power when we travel to WV
We haul rzr 4 900 in garage ,100 gallons of fresh water,40 gallons of fuel ,fully loaded with gear,I don't even know it there till you try to find a parking spot.
__________________
Mantisfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #78
Just Love to Camp
 
TheFordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,429
Ironj we had a F350 and bumped up to a F450. The F350 pulled it fine. But the F450 pulls it like a dream. DH pulled to the beach on cruise . We live in the Shenandoah valley. So yes mountains all around. I would say go with the F450. For what it is worth.
__________________
Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
ironj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
Ironj we had a F350 and bumped up to a F450. The F350 pulled it fine. But the F450 pulls it like a dream. DH pulled to the beach on cruise . We live in the Shenandoah valley. So yes mountains all around. I would say go with the F450. For what it is worth.
Thanks...if I go 450 it will have to be a 2015 as it has the power/towing updrades...dually regardless.

But now i look and xlr has a 417 and 425 floor plan to throw a kink in my choices....lol...hmmmmm





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
Had some minor issues nothing major that I didn't take care of.To me the 380 is the best floor plan of all xlr's except small bedroom.i completely demoed bedroom and started from scratch closet is a little smaller now but have more storage space built in,f350 pulls just fine been thru North Carolina mountains and WV mountains has plenty of stop, and plenty of power when we travel to WV
We haul rzr 4 900 in garage ,100 gallons of fresh water,40 gallons of fuel ,fully loaded with gear,I don't even know it there till you try to find a parking spot.
__________________
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #80
Junior Member
 
holtbv62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 29
Had the XLR at the hacienda loading up some mods and toys. 😃

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1411444045.623923.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	63336

Had a rear WiFi camera added. Got to play with it. Nice to know what's going on behind me for sure.

- Bobby
__________________

__________________
TV: 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited
TH: 2015 XLR Thunderbolt 415amp
holtbv62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.