Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 41
Price Opinion 29HFS

Went to look at a 2017 29hfs yesterday
Options include
-kick start
-adrenaline package
-electric tongue jack
-15k ac
-bed and dinette in garage
-sofa up front

Build sheet price $40,547.5

They were asking $32,995

I got them down to $27,870 plus tax & registration.

still a little higher than I was hoping with those options compared to what I see on rvw and couch. Did they make me a fair offer you think? I left the ball in his court hoping he comes back in a day or 2 with a lower price.
__________________

__________________
ricky836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RSchleder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,277
That's a hell of a deal (IMHO)!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Days camping (2016)----181 days
Days camping (2017) --- 82 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
R3Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky836 View Post
Went to look at a 2017 29hfs yesterday

Options include

-kick start

-adrenaline package

-electric tongue jack

-15k ac

-bed and dinette in garage

-sofa up front



Build sheet price $40,547.5



They were asking $32,995



I got them down to $27,870 plus tax & registration.



still a little higher than I was hoping with those options compared to what I see on rvw and couch. Did they make me a fair offer you think? I left the ball in his court hoping he comes back in a day or 2 with a lower price.

I'd say 30 to 35% off msrp is a good price.




-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
__________________
RJones
2016 Nitro 31FQSL
2017 2500 Denali Duramax
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 506
If you can get reliable service close by that's a great price
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:35 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
My 2015 was 28k plus taxes basically same options


2015 hyper lite 29 hfs / 2016 gmc 2500hd
__________________
lonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 41
I figured the price was fair, has anyone bought one of these in the off season? Do they wiggle much on them then at all even or not much since they don't really have problem selling them?
__________________
ricky836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
RSchleder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,277
Ricky, there comes a time in every purchase to stop "squeezing the last drop out of the turnip"! I think you're there, very fair price as verified by several folks here! Buy it and get on with it---enjoy the summer camping in your new RV. Why lose a entire camping season waiting for the "off season" to MAYBE, just MAYBE, save another few hundred bucks?????
__________________
Days camping (2016)----181 days
Days camping (2017) --- 82 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Ricky, there comes a time in every purchase to stop "squeezing the last drop out of the turnip"! I think you're there, very fair price as verified by several folks here! Buy it and get on with it---enjoy the summer camping in your new RV. Why lose a entire camping season waiting for the "off season" to MAYBE, just MAYBE, save another few hundred bucks?????

I understand that, and I know I'm shopping at the worst time possible. I'm just asking around for opinions.
__________________
ricky836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
RSchleder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky836 View Post
I understand that, and I know I'm shopping at the worst time possible. I'm just asking around for opinions.

Annnnd, I think you got "them"
__________________
Days camping (2016)----181 days
Days camping (2017) --- 82 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky836 View Post
I understand that, and I know I'm shopping at the worst time possible. I'm just asking around for opinions.
not really the prices if you look at couches or RVW are the same yr round . you seem to be getting everything you want for a price that's right in there with the best of them .
__________________

__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.