Old 08-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #21
So what should I be looking for on my 425 to keep this from happening to mine or is it the nature of this system to break and it needs to be replaced by something different. I have the yellow parts that were installed by the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #22
Just received a letter from Forest River regarding the recall for the bolts on the suspension .

Homebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:35 PM   #23
what I think happens is that when the person that bolts on the track adjusters, the front is not turned to the same as the backside which causes the bolt not to tighten properly and then comes loose (I think). I adjusted mine and it was tricky to get them both the same ... but I am an ametuer.
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
So did I so I sent an email to see if I can get the parts to fix it no response yet.

egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #25
I'm guessing I got the odd one. Mine doesn't have the slot style hangers, just the single non-slotted hole. I assume they have more than one frame manufactures since mine was built Aug. 2013-well within the recall dates.
Richard & Bonnie Blackburn & 2 Corgi's
Sand Springs, OK
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
2014 XLR 386x12 Toy hauler
Approx. 270-365 days per year in the 5er
fishingokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #26
Received recall notice today. We have tandem axle set up. Going to check suspension.
harleyrider03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #27
X2, got my recall notice. Called my dealer about it--get this: the plan is to take it there, have the dealer tech look at it and take pictures, then they send the pics to FR and decide if it needs to be done or not. If yes, then they send the parts to the dealer. So the options are to either leave it there for some unspecified period of time waiting for parts, or bring it back a second time. Why in the lunatic f*#k wouldn't they just send a bunch of parts to the dealer to have on hand? Does FR enjoy inconveniencing their customers, or do they just not care now that they have our money? I'd like to know who at Forest River is compensating me for the time and the fuel to transport my rig around to the dealer for multiple trips... Do they think diesel fuel and my time grow on trees? I get its not the dealer's fault, but there's got to be a better way...?
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:56 AM   #28

Its not that different for the big auto makers and the air bag recall in that you get the recall notice you wait, then you wait, you finally get notice parts are available, you then have to go in to the dealer, then the parts have to be ordered. Several weeks later the parts come in. But granted it does not take long for the installation after you set up the appointment and wait for it. Still had to drive 100 miles each time. The Ford and the Dodge only took a year each. The auto dealers did not get to have parts on had for the recall either......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #29
The largest problem with safety recalls is they have to announce it as soon as they confirm it is a safety risk. The "fix" hasn't even been designed yet! So here come the 1,000 phone calls a day (not kidding) on how this is unacceptable and a huge inconvenience to them. We add their names to a large list of who needs what. Then when parts are in- "I just had my car serviced! Why didn't you do it then? Uh...didn't have your parts yet. Well, I will get it done at next oil change. Then we will give your parts to someone else until you come in." And then I get the phone call from manufacture of why cant I hold the part?!

And all those people that called when they saw the first news report, less than 20% have been in to get fixed.

Sigh- I feel better- thanks all!

2014 Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra "Clifford"
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #30
If everything looks OK (Bolt seated properly and nut tight with threads showing) then they are not replacing even the bolts? If they are replacing the bolts they should at least have bolts and nuts in stock. I could see having to order parts if the bolt and nut came loose and damaged other parts.

harleyrider03 is offline   Reply With Quote