Old 09-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #31

Are these the bolts included on the recall? I have 2013 xlr 380 amp. The bolts holding the leaf springs have gap on each side. Is that normal? Or is it where they meet holding both sets of leaf hangers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1473019489255.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	119376   Click image for larger version

Name:	1473019501246.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	119377  

Old 09-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #32

The recall is on the correct track system I think not the standard shackle setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #33

Loose nut

That's. Not right did u get the recall?? The same bolt was loose on mine way before recall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	119378  
Old 09-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #34

Recall

It's on all parts of this suspension system,,someone at the factory didn't do there job...I was at factory last week..
Old 09-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #35

We received recall notice a couple weeks ago. I don't see on the recall anything about correct track or stock shackles. I don't want this beautiful 5th wheel damaged, it's our dream and might be our house in 6 years
Old 09-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #36

I live in southern Indiana, would I it be best to take it to the factory? Or upgrade? What are the benefits of upgrades?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #37

Recall

We were in Indiana when we got the recall, so we called Xlr ,and made appointment . They were great. I asked for the mor/ryde system. They are using it now on all there units They had no problem doing it. -All done in 1 day. And they a bunch of other work..
Old 09-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #38

Don't think for a minute this will be a quick fix! I sent FR & CW photos showing everything along with a couple of other issues in having. Got to CW,spent 30 min listening to the service tech tell me "we don't do that" or "we can't do that", before I said ok I have a business engagement that I have to get to. You and FR Get out I'll be back about 5. 20 minutes to 5 I show up campers world says Forest River didn't authorize anything for services they said they couldn't do it I got nothing done. Worst part is I liven in this thing Florida to Arkansas nobody cares.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4xx View Post
Are these the bolts included on the recall? I have 2013 xlr 380 amp. The bolts holding the leaf springs have gap on each side. Is that normal? Or is it where they meet holding both sets of leaf hangers?
This is major screw up at factory level . none of this should be happening
looks like the bolts in yours are the longer ones used for the correct track system . no there should be zero gaps . the lippert correct track system is a joke [ as is most of lippert stuff] and i wish my unit did not have them .
changing out the bolts is a simple thing to do i would not let anybody work on my unit after the stuff i've seen

Tags
recall