Old 03-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #91
XLR Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
I believe this is necessary because under the garage floor of many haulers is the fuel cell which is vented. You can't insulate and enclose the fuel cell area.

Correct. The fuel area can be covered in any way.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:06 PM   #92

Quote:
The duct work is under the floor in the main living area but in the garage it comes through the wall from the living area.
Well doesn't seem i can get a good answer anywhere . under the floor not under the floor . Guess I'll find out for myself in 2 weeks

Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Well doesn't seem i can get a good answer anywhere .
You just got one....
Old 03-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #94

Quote:
You just got one....
it's seems i did . I assumed there was some ducting below . and wolfwhistle says he opened up and insulated underneath and should have seen a duct if he did so . either way it works out I'll find out for sure . not saying i don't believe you but have gotten more misinformation from the dealer and from here that I'll deal with what i find when i get my hands on the unit in 2 weeks .
Old 03-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #95

Quote:
it's seems i did . I assumed there was some ducting below . and wolfwhistle says he opened up and insulated underneath and should have seen a duct if he did so . either way it works out I'll find out for sure . not saying i don't believe you but have gotten more misinformation from the dealer and from here that I'll deal with what i find when i get my hands on the unit in 2 weeks .
I hear you. It's almost getting to be a stereotype that the customer knows more than the dealer. With the vast info available on the net these days it takes an actual enthusiast salesman to keep up with the ins and outs of each model. Sadly, these guys are few and far between. You really have to be your own advocate... I was lucky enough to have a very educated guy that could keep up with my questions during my build. One reason I would recommend my dealer to ANYONE...
Old 03-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #96

IMHO! I would listen to Bulletbob before ANY dealer. He's in the industry and very familiar how the XLR unit is built and what you can and can't do. Just saying take his advice and all will be fine. Camp On my forum friends!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-27-2015, 01:48 AM   #97

Send a message via Skype™ to chuckw5kav
On the fuel issue, I have driven between the West Coast to the
East coast many time's, at times once a week turn around running
as a team driver.

Worst states for fuel mileage is Nebraska, Kansas, Wyoming,
South Dakota headed west, great fuel mileage headed east.
Also people do not realize that you are going up hill either
direction till you pass over the great divide, might not seem
like it but you are.

Another tidbit is that I 94 is the shortest distance between
Between Chicago and Billings, not I 90.

If you use US 212 Between the Little Big Horn and
Bel Fourche SD you can cut 90 or more miles off I 90. The
only problem with this highway is that gas stations are
far and few between and it is a 2 lane highway, lots of
trucks at times.
W5KAV
This years Camping 75 days
chuckw5kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLfan View Post
IMHO! I would listen to Bulletbob before ANY dealer. He's in the industry and very familiar how the XLR unit is built and what you can and can't do. Just saying take his advice and all will be fine. Camp On my forum friends!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Well, that goes without saying. He's the plant manager at XLR and has helped me out a ton while mine has been on order. However, he can't possibly answer all the questions a new or potential owner might have during the buying and ordering process. That's why some dealers really need to learn their product better. Kind of like, when buying a Ford truck you shouldn't have to contact the CEO of Ford to get accurate info. I sure am glad he's here though for the times when a dealer falls short. The fact that he's doing it voluntarily on his own time speaks volumes to the man's character and how strongly he feels about his brand's reputation.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Ok here's the scoop on the Anderson WD 1st make sure your level - I had truck a little pointed up in rear because TH was in RVWHOLESELLERS shop and truck was out side. This made the hitch set too low, witch screws up all the WD stuff

2nd make sure you can tighten screws behind bushing to 90ft lb - I also had my attachments set to far up on frame - even though the directions say set at 27.5 from front of attachment it's more like 29.5 To front of attachment if this is wrong you can't get the WD hitch to move the weight to your front axle on your TV -

Ok so we took my dads TV a ecoboost f150 1/2 ton HD loaded w tow package rated to 12k towing at first I thought we where gonna have a very long ride home because the WD hitch was not correctly installed - the front truck axle where floating all over the place --- stupid __ finally found a place big enough to readjust - moved ball up 2 on receiver moved fram attachments back tighten to 95ft lbs ---- can I say HUGE difference

I'll post pics on Anderson hitch
Play Harder,
I hope your continued travels home are uneventful. Maybe even a tail wind to help with the MPG...

But I am curious if you can post up some comments and possibly some pictures of the Andersen hitch. I'm guessing you have over a 1,000 miles experience now. My fingers are crossed that it's working like you thought it would...

Thank you for all the shared information you have supplied your trip to/from RVW. I know many people have enjoyed this post...
Old 03-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #100
John513

Quote:

The ductwork for the furnace goes through the cabin, and not under the floor. Furnace is under fridge and tees from there. Runs under water heater and front sink. Then the other way it goes through cabinets and under bath sink to back. There is no heat in the underbelly, just insulation if you have extreme package. Also with that package you have heated holding tanks just to keep liquid in tanks from freezing. The 12 volt heat pads for tanks do not provide any heat for anything else, just tanks. The water lines do run in the underbelly though and can freeze in extreme weather for a period of time.

Tags
light, ohio, xlr