Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Well doesn't seem i can get a good answer anywhere . under the floor not under the floor . Guess I'll find out for myself in 2 weeks
Hi NS, you have to watch the signature line for what a member owns. Taken's TH is a different and much bigger animal!

Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #102

Home stretch -- 6am billings Montana- to Seattle

Recap - it's a long drive from Seattle but I'd do it again to save after travel cost about $10500.00 over my not really local dealers (no dealer within a couple hours from me)

RVwholesellers Tammy and Crew did a fantastic Job, from Answering all my questions ( I had new one every week or maybe daily 😄 ) they had a custom order TH delivered on time - within my parameters - All the People at RVWHOLESELLERS where smiling and really seemed to care to make delivery of my new TH a positive experience ( GREAT JOB RVWHOLESELLERS).........

If I had one piece of advice for RVW it would be put in a paved delivery area or bring in crushed gravel to get everybody out of the muddy Parking lot - I understand the weather has been bad this winter - but this a huge deal for your customers and your for your employees also.

My New XLR Hyper Light 29 was delivered inside their garage ( Thank You for that - this was a very big deal to me) but really needed outside pad level w garage to get WD hitch set up correctly.

Ford F-150 ecoboost w max toy - has plenty of power to tow XLR Hyper Light 29 on good roads no problem up to 70+mph on grooved roads 65mph is about max any faster an TH starts swaying a bit.

Ecoboost claims of high Milage is BS fact - over 65mph truck only got only 15.8 Mpg, truck and TH (8klbs) average 5.7mpg theses # are not only the computer # but verified from calculating actual miles driven / gallons used - So if your only using ecoboost for no load under 65mph you might get what ford claims for fuel Milage - and The truck has a very stiff ride.

Reviews on my new TH -went through my pickup list and everything was installed correctly from factory- as should be but there where some concerns from hearing from other owners...... Good job FR

So far no cabinets have lost any screws and hardware seems solid and installed correctly, all AC plugs, USB plugs, all lights, TV, stereo, speakers, awning, outside lighting, stove, microwave, shower, work.

Things that need addressed

#1 The heater is not acceptable - come on FR - there is no way you don't know this - I dare any FR executive to stay at your factory outside in this TH w extreme weather package - in regular clothing no coat, no sleeping bag with bathroom doors open to garage in tempature below 35 degrees- it was 20 degrees on my way home and Froze my butt off staying in it 3/25/2016 luckily I brought my north face gear - there was no difference staying in my new TH or staying in my tent that night THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE especially ordered w extreme weather package. At most it's a Weather package THEIR IS NOTHING EXTREME ABOUT THIS ADD ON!

ONCE AGAIN ----

I CHALLENGE FOREST RIVER XLR DIVISION TO STAY IN XLR HYPER LIGHT 29 IN TEMPS 35 BELOW FOR A WEEK

#2 install a swivel TV mount for living room and make TV at least a 42" and use nice finished matching screws to mount to wall, plus put a wall plate in that can handle storage of excess cords to TV in wall --- the way FR wrapped to cords looks like crap - This is a very over priced item - have some pride - the Little things can have huge impact on your customers satisfaction. (THIS IS ANOTHER THING THAT WOULD BE CORRECTED IF AN FR EXECUTIVE HAD TO LIVE IN IT FOR A WEEK!)

#3 observation and free design suggestion - it would be great if both doors to the bathroom where sliders like bedroom, this would clean things up and create more room to get thru that area.

Anderson WD hitch works great once you figure out how to adjust it
1 put hitch only on truck put TH on hitch - make sure truck and trailer are level - adjust ball on hitch up or down to get level results ( very important) make sure connection I straight too
2 after TV and TH are hooked up and level install WD system - put bars that attach to trailer as far back as possible w chains attached to front triangle piece- w TV/TH hooked up - the triangle should be off about 2-3"from fitting on shaft --and will not fit to bottom hitch w chains in farthest back position -- use Jack to Jack up TH with TV hooked - this will give slack to instal triangle WD part on bottom of hitch

Make sure to put big washer in front of big nut on back side of poly bushing - you want nut to be flush when hooked up to hitch

3. Adjust tension to 90 ft lb on WD nut - adjust 1 thread at a time after first few miles to get WD hitch dial in.

Get out and Play Harder😊😊😊

Get out and Play Harder😛

2015 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded on order
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #103

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427465027.317220.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	72279

Beautiful final day drive home

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Hi NS, you have to watch the signature line for what a member owns. Taken's TH is a different and much bigger animal!
No i did not notice the type of unit he was talking about . Assumed again that anyone posting about the xlr 29 actually owns a xlr 29 and not making comments about one with out having one .
Old 03-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Taken thanks

WW I have no doubt that my Chevy will get better Milage than the ecoboost ford

Get out and Play Harder😛

2015 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded on order
2008 Can Am Spyder
If you want the same mileage from the Ecoboost, you have to let it slow to a crawl up the steep inclines like your Chevy would. Voila, your mileage improves!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
No i did not notice the type of unit he was talking about . Assumed again that anyone posting about the xlr 29 actually owns a xlr 29 and not making comments about one with out having one .
Yeah, you got it tough. LOL.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #107

Quote:
Attachment 72279

Beautiful final day drive home

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Looks like a great last day brother. Glad you're continuing to have fun!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #108

Quote:

RVwholesellers Tammy and Crew did a fantastic Job, from Answering all my questions ( I had new one every week or maybe daily �� ) they had a custom order TH delivered on time - within my parameters - All the People at RVWHOLESELLERS where smiling and really seemed to care to make delivery of my new TH a positive experience ( GREAT JOB RVWHOLESELLERS).........

If I had one piece of advice for RVW it would be put in a paved delivery area or bring in crushed gravel to get everybody out of the muddy Parking lot - I understand the weather has been bad this winter - but this a huge deal for your customers and your for your employees also.

My New XLR Hyper Light 29 was delivered inside their garage ( Thank You for that - this was a very big deal to me) but really needed outside pad level w garage to get WD hitch set up correctly.

Ford F-150 ecoboost w max toy - has plenty of power to tow XLR Hyper Light 29 on good roads no problem up to 70+mph on grooved roads 65mph is about max any faster an TH starts swaying a bit.

Ecoboost claims of high Milage is BS fact - over 65mph truck only got only 15.8 Mpg, truck and TH (8klbs) average 5.7mpg theses # are not only the computer # but verified from calculating actual miles driven / gallons used - So if your only using ecoboost for no load under 65mph you might get what ford claims for fuel Milage - and The truck has a very stiff ride.
We've made the trip to RVW 2x now, 1000 miles on the dot each time. We really enjoyed meeting everyone as well- really great people. FYI, the parking lot is gravel, but for whatever reason, snow makes gravel vanish. I think the way it saturates the ground causes it to sink much more than a typical rain shower. Wanted to point out that it is RVWholesalers, not sellers, though - just in case some are trying to search for them. Also, on a more serious note about the fuel mileage- here are a couple of points about the Ecoboost:

1. You are in the least fuel efficient model available- 4.10 gears with HD Payload package and LRE tires. If you consider that you have more payload than many 3/4 tons and that the Ecoboost engine you are running will out tow any of the V8 engines available in current 3/4 tons, you will see that you aren't doing as bad as you thought. You aren't getting the mileage you would from a high geared truck with passenger tires that is MUCH less capable, but that's not what you should be comparing this rig to.

2. The Ecoboost seems to be more sensitive to the way you drive and changes in things like tires. If you stay out of the turbos and run 18" P rated street tires, they will get the advertised mileage. Aggressive tread or higher load range/heavier tires and speed kills MPG.

Edit: Wanted to add that when we crossed into Ohio in late Feb, the temp was around -6. Coldest we saw was -10 in either Illinois or Indiana. That's the first time I'd ever seen negative temps.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #109

Play Harder,
Again, thanks for all the posts/comments. This experience sharing is helping myself and others with their order process. In return, I will be sharing my experience and hopefully others will be in even a better position. All because FR will be hearing from their customers and improving their products (i.e. sleeping in the garage in the factory parking lot... )

Continue your safe travels home...
Old 03-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
All because FR will be hearing from their customers and improving their products (i.e. sleeping in the garage in the factory parking lot... )
Something tells me Bob won't be giving this a go...

Tags
light, ohio, xlr