Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #41

Playharder

Looks great, congrats .
Do fill us in 0n the Andersen . I'll be heading out in 2 weeks myself to get mine
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #42
John513

Very Nice PH. You did load it up as I did the same minus the carpet in back and vent covers and I went with the black label. I know you went through and nitpicked everything to make sure its right as I did the same, but you will find little things that will need some attention. It was frustrating for me for the fact that I spent a lot of money and expect everything to be perfect and I realized its ok and things work out. When I mean little things for example my walk through dine in back needed adjusted as one side was couple inches higher than the other or one of my door latch screw head was broke off. The other thing is if you have the extreme weather package becareful as its not real extreme. Even though you have heated holding tanks and insulated underbelly the water lines will freeze in temps down in the teens, and I have experienced that. Luckily the pex pipe is tough enough where I did not break anything. If they didn't show you, the left switch in bathroom is turn tank heaters on and off. Good luck my friend and if you need any help or have a question I am here.
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #43

Road trip Seattle to Ohio 2016 XLR Hyper Light 29

Ok parked for the night WW yes extreme weather package 15 btu AC generator and they call it a 2016 year model too also I had them put separate cable / satellite Jack inputs on outside - both grey tank dumps are correct behind the black so they can be dumped with out dumping black.

Ok here's the scoop on the Anderson WD 1st make sure your level - I had truck a little pointed up in rear because TH was in RVWHOLESELLERS shop and truck was out side. This made the hitch set too low, witch screws up all the WD stuff

2nd make sure you can tighten screws behind bushing to 90ft lb - I also had my attachments set to far up on frame - even though the directions say set at 27.5 from front of attachment it's more like 29.5 To front of attachment if this is wrong you can't get the WD hitch to move the weight to your front axle on your TV -

Ok so we took my dads TV a ecoboost f150 1/2 ton HD loaded w tow package rated to 12k towing at first I thought we where gonna have a very long ride home because the WD hitch was not correctly installed - the front truck axle where floating all over the place --- stupid __ finally found a place big enough to readjust - moved ball up 2 on receiver moved fram attachments back tighten to 95ft lbs ---- can I say HUGE difference

I still think now I should of brought my truck yes it's saving me a little in fuel but my truck is a lot heavier and has airbags with a much better ride - my dads Ford F150 ride like a tank if you did not know it was a 1/2 ton you would think you where riding in a unloaded 1 ton it rides that ruff......

I'll post pics on Anderson hitch and others stuff tired camping at Wally World

Get out and Play Harder😛

2015 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded on order
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #44

JR thanks yes it took them awhile to figure out where the heated tank switch was --- and I know the extreme package is not so extreme - but I wanted the dual Payne window and extra insulation more for window sweating and to help keep the climate more in check.....still lots to learn

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #45
John513

PH my front light near propane tanks isn't working, if you think about could you try yours with and without your TV plugged in. I was wondering if it gets its power from just TV or if its hooked to TH battery. Thanks
Old 03-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #46

Play Harder
Good info on the Andersen WD. Sounds like you have it dialed in now. Looking forward to move updates has you travel home.

Drive safe.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #47

Home bound - first night all good - nothing but good praises so far my dad did say the mattress in the garage is like sleeping on a board though - kinda knew it would be from other reports - front mattress firm but OK - fridge works great - no sigh of microwave movement as WW experienced.

JR my light works both ways plugged in or not - i did have to turn on breaker on generator to get AC power on inside - guess nobody turned in out - it was on AC when I checked everything even though we did start it several times - the gen even had fuel in it - I bought 5gal just in case.

Here's my thought on the 4000 omen UQ this ain't no Honda 2000iu if you haven't owned a Honda 2000iu you haven't experienced or heard a quit generator. For everything but AC the Honda is the way to go in my opinion --- no comparison in noise volume - with the Honda your fellow campers and yourself barely and most likely would not know it even on - looks like I will be still bringing my along Honda till I get my solar system and bank of battles installed.

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #48

Hi PH, be safe out there. Hope you have many years of enjoyment from your new TH. Your trial and error sounds like me when I did my WDH. Instructions proved wrong so I had to wing it. It called for frame attachments about 2 inches off from where they had to be. It is kind of hard to know where level and the weight on the front of the truck will be without tension on the bars, so I use the tongue jack to simulate the lift the weight bars will give it, make ball height adjustments and repeat. Then, finally set the bars to attain what I am after. I looked at an Anderson video just now, it looks like an excellent set up and not as complicated as the dual-cam. Keep photos coming, love it.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #49

I have been planning on some type of new mattress for the "dine-in" setup in the garage when we need to use it as a bed. But was hoping the master bedroom mattress was good enough for the weekend warrior events.

As for the generator, thank you for the report on the noise. I have Honda EU3000is and plan on bringing this when I will be off grid. I can confirm it's VERY quiet. But I'm going to have to learn the tricks for getting the 15k AC to run with this generator.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #50

My dealer advised that it's safest if you leave the breaker off just incase that way you don't cause any switch issues of you were still plugged into shore power.

I'll leave mine on though if I know o won't be plugged into shore power for my trip.

It's just an added safety precaution.
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #51

Steve the Honda 3000 will run the 15 btu no problem you just got to make sure your not in Eco mode - turn Honda to normal run mode before turning on AC and don't run microwave when AC is on - TV and lights no problem w AC on and mainly the big load from AC is on start up

Owen will great for off grid daytime to charge stuff up -
But if a whole bunch of campers around I try to keep my environment respectful but it's over 95 degrees and no shore power all bets are off - I Need AC 😀😀

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-25-2015, 09:30 AM   #52

Play Harder,
Thanks for your input on the Honda 3000. I can't wait to confirm it in person this summer...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #53

Another input the heater worked very well in main area and bedroom but had to close bathroom door closet to living room and leave bathroom door open that goes to garage to get enough heat into garage....

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-25-2015, 10:59 AM   #54
John513

I have to leave my doors open too. The garage area has just the one vent there in the corner and no underbelly insulation in that area. If you run genset a space heater helps out great.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Another input the heater worked very well in main area and bedroom but had to close bathroom door closet to living room and leave bathroom door open that goes to garage to get enough heat into garage....

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder

Is there a bir reason people want to heat the garage . Can't see doing it unless someone is sleeping in there . just wondering
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:53 PM   #56

Yes my dad was sleeping in there - and there are 2 queen size beds in mine for guests Heat is a good thing😜

Can't believe the garage floor is not insulated on an extreme winter package that boggles me - looks like the rest of the TH is expandable spray in foam insulation - will have to do something to garage flooring

Another observation the ecoboost F150 is not very Eco when towing 8k it's getting very bad mpg - I'm averaging 60 to 65 mph some 70 not really pushing it - has plenty of power one torque zero issue there - impressed on towing power but MPG is -- will post tonight when I have exact #

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #57

I believe this is necessary because under the garage floor of many haulers is the fuel cell which is vented. You can't insulate and enclose the fuel cell area.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #58

Quote:
Yes my dad was sleeping in there - and there are 2 queen size beds in mine for guests Heat is a good thing😜

Can't believe the garage floor is not insulated on an extreme winter package that boggles me - looks like the rest of the TH is expandable spray in foam insulation - will have to do something to garage flooring

I've enjoyed your posts. I'm awaiting a Nitro 31fqsl as we speak.

Is the spare tire under the garage portion of the trailer? I know the nitro's is. I was going to enclose the underbelly but need to box around the spare tire.
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #59

Sounds logical and a great point but there is a lot of open space there should be some insulating I could do - my list of things is growing😊 solar system w bank of batteries, 2 more Tv's, possibly removable front jacks to clear my driveway, insulating garage, more LED marker lights, ooh can't forget to go thru all the stuff I just threw in the garage from my camper lol should be a busy month.........

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #60

Quote:
Sounds logical and a great point but there is a lot of open space there should be some insulating I could do - my list of things is growing😊 solar system w bank of batteries, 2 more Tv's, possibly removable front jacks to clear my driveway, insulating garage, more LED marker lights, ooh can't forget to go thru all the stuff I just threw in the garage from my camper lol should be a busy month.........

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder

I hear you. I have my shed full of everything from my last hauler and my work bench is piled high with boxed new stuff I've been ordering for the new one! Can' wait to get to work either. Less than a week to go for us and we will be starting a thread like yours....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, ohio, xlr