Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #1

Roof leak

Has anyone tried Flex Seal spray or flex seal tape to seal a pesky roof leak. It's a very small leak but I can't tell where it's coming from. It's on the front cap seam somewhere. No vents located close to where the water is showing up in the camper. (It pools at the foot of the front bed) any tips will help. Thanks in advance
Bnrc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

I have not used flex seal but have used etherbond tape in the 4" size to seal the front cap on the Class A I had
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #3

Is the leak under a roll up TV antenna?
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #4

Roof leak

The antenna is about 3' from where the water accumulates in front of the bed. No indication that it comes through the ceiling.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #5

What unit do you have. I know that you have to keep your eye on and regularly inspect the high clearance lights. Those have been known to leak on some units.
Nguyenbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #6

Roof leak

It's a 2012 27 XLR HYPER LIGHT
Old 03-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnrc73 View Post
Has anyone tried Flex Seal spray or flex seal tape to seal a pesky roof leak. It's a very small leak but I can't tell where it's coming from. It's on the front cap seam somewhere. No vents located close to where the water is showing up in the camper. (It pools at the foot of the front bed) any tips will help. Thanks in advance
First, if you're talking about that stuff on TV, I would not use it on anything I own... Dicor self-leveling lap sealant on the roof and Geocel Proflex on everything else. Of course, Eternabond is excellent for its intended purpose.

You could take a hose up on the roof while someone watches inside with a flashlight, and be careful to control the water flow at edges and seams, inch by inch, so when a leak is detected, you know where you were applying water.

Secondly, a 2012 should get a complete sealant "remove" and "reseal" everywhere, if it was mine.

Leaks are like cancer, it will kill your trailer. You need to find it and fix it pronto.

WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:21 AM   #8

I made a bass boat with that stuff and an old roll of window screen I had up in the shed attic.

Good thing I'm a strong swimmer LOL. We sunk when Phil Swift and I went fishing.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #9

I think Bayliner is using screen and flex seal on the whole line next year... it's that good
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnrc73 View Post
Had that problem was coming from the front ac drain holes were clogged
Old 06-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #11

Leak stopped

Used Eternabond 4" sealant tape on the front SEAM. Running down into the rain gutter. No more leak. At $1 a food, it's expensive, but works great. I will eventually do this to all my roof seems.

Tags
leak, roo, roof