Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #21

Glad you liked it! One thing I did was to disable the confirmation "beep." It seemed a little loud for my taste. It's not a programming option so I had to go dig out the metal diaphragm that makes the tone.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Glad you liked it! One thing I did was to disable the confirmation "beep." It seemed a little loud for my taste. It's not a programming option so I had to go dig out the metal diaphragm that makes the tone.
You mean the locking/unlocking beep? Loud, maybe, but I need all the reminders I can get...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #23

Ah, I get you... It was just too loud for me... Of course, now if ever I need to reprogram it, I won't have the confirmation beeps so I'll have to time it...
Old 04-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
There are a few different models. You are watching the video for the older model, the 3.0 with the remote keypad that sticks on the RV next to the door. I have the 4.0 with the integrated keypad and remote key fob. Look at their products page and you will see the different models available along with pricing.

As far as rallies, I'm not sure. I know they have done the Heartland rallies in the past. It's 5 screws to install so it's about as easy as it gets though so very easy to do yourself.
Any way you can send me a picture of your lock and remote and what was the cost of those two products you bought from them . ( 4.0 ). Thanks:campfire
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
Any way you can send me a picture of your lock and remote and what was the cost of those two products you bought from them . ( 4.0 ). Thanks:campfire
My units are pictured on page one of this very thread! I can't remember what I paid and I got a Heartland Owners Club discount as I was a member there at the time. Their current pricing is on their web page though.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #26

4.0 integrated keypad and remote from RVlock.com

Thanks for telling us about the 4.0 integrated keypad with remote , for me I'm short and struggle with the keys and with remote it is a piece of cake ! The company rvlock.com said I could pass this information along to you also ! They gave me a discount for ordering the 4.0 , remember this is a lock that is for 5th wheel or travel trailers and I guess at a later time will have for class A also . When you decide to order this particular item and when you get to checkout there will be a spot where it will ask you for a code if you have one and enter FR and will get another free remote key fob and free shipping . What a deal , they said they would honor that code , just wanted other people to get good deal also. Hope this helps someone else
emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #27

I believe that is the same deal I got back on the Heartland forums when I ordered mine. Glad they took care of you! For anyone else considering these, this is a great deal...

Tags
upgrade, lock