Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #1

Service centers - Tacoma / Seattle

Anybody find the forest river XLR Service Center, in Seattle that isn't-booked for two months?
Lots of willing service centers but they are slammed - lots of sales in this area
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to chuckw5kav
If you are willing to travel a few miles there is a great and I do mean greatmotor home trailer repair shop off
exit 88 on I-5. called Brazels, they are very nice
people and easy to work with.

Yelp - Brazelā€™s Rv Performance Center - RV Repair - 3912 Harrison Ave - Centralia, WA - Reviews - Photos

I am not sure if the do warranty work for Forest River but you can always ask. I have taken our Class C and
now our 5th wheel to them and will not go any other
place. They are worth the extra miles for the outstanding workmanship and attention to detail they
constantly do.

This past year they replaced our complete roof on or 5th wheel, replaced all the marker lights and put in a
electric power surge protector all within
two weeks.
W5KAV
Last years Camping 125 days
This years Camping 150 an still going
chuckw5kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #3

Called they are over 4 weeks out and say with warranty work I will still owe $ - thanks - look like I will be waiting till October 12th -

I gone to at least 9 dealers and there service lots are packed and racked - don't know if that means units are requiring a lot of after the sale work or WA is buying all the RV in the US - also every dealer has said huge RV show October 1 - Crazy have to wait basically 2 months to get work done. A lot of understaffing at these service center.

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:46 PM   #4

I think they are just busy. I am having some non warranty work done (mine is 11 years old) from the dealer where we bought it and they were booked out 6 weeks when I scheduled.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:26 PM   #5

Sounds like they just lost 2 techs - and didn't like to do warranty work - repayment for warranty work - as soon as a dealer says anything negative about doing warranty work or makes a comment about not purchased from them - I'm out - I want somebody that cares about a potential customer - Service Work will win me over to purchase at a dealer I trust than any Sales guy ---

I Really see Bad service models being used at all service centers - they are all old school models and need to come up to 2015 ---

Why not have a Drive thru - make a appointment - like a insurance claim center - take down all and go thru all your problems - fill out paperwork - have parts ordered - while you take your RV back home and still use it - till parts come in - dealer calls when they get parts and actually work on it at the scheduled time : I know this is not perfect for every situation but I bet for most --- why would a dealer want to store your RV for 3-4 plus weeks - instead of letting customer use the RV till parts are available

Service Model is out of date and need changed - I think my model would create customer satisfaction greatly........

Just rambling after observing service centers

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 09-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #6

If it is really warranty work you can try Genesis in Tacoma. I would not go to them for anything else because they overcharge, in my opinion. They also tried to sell us a different sway bar than the Helwig that is on our Forester. And their pricing for Sumo Springs was rape and pillage. They did a good job at following up constantly with Forest River for part ordering, tracking and arrival.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #7

Service centers in Seattle/Tacoma

Some say Paulsbo RV Centers have not treated them right, but, I have found them easy to book my repair times. In fact the fro t of our Berkshire was hit, while parked at a campground by another Forest River product, a fifth wheel. The driver forgot about checking tail swing and hit the left side of the motorhome. We had a Paulsbo rep out who did the estimate over $13000 in damage. Took two weeks for parts to come in, paint, stencils for painting the various designs. Paulsbo got it right in had it out in less than a month and it looks great!
We had our other motorhome serviced there and no scheduling issues or gouging of repair bills.
I would recommend you speak to Scott Johnson in service very honest. He is at the Kent Paulsbo on Military Rd east of I-5 off the Desmoines/Kent exit easy in and out. I hope that helps.
Avoid Sunset RV in Five/Bonney Lake they worked on the Birk once and it took forever for them to schedule it then it sat for almost 12 days with the work still not being done.
Hope that helps.
caburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:50 PM   #8

Thanks for replies genesis have appointment available Wednesday- now to see if XLR parts will get here by then - must say XLR has been consistent on working with my list of warranty work that needs to be done - even shipping the main part to my home so I will have them for service center to install - great customer support thanks Tim and staff for follow through

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 09-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #9

RV Service center

Have you tried Poulsbo RV in DesMoines? I have done business with them and they have treated me good, of course they will want the RV for a couple of days. Are you full time RV's? If so that might not work. There is a mobile RV repair guy that will come to you, in south King, and Pierce Co. but I don't have his number. It has been a couple of years since Ii used him. He was very reasonable. He adjusted my slide out on my 5er $125.00. I thought that was a great price.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #10

2 votes for poulsbo RV that the first time ever in 15 years I have heard good comments on poulsbo RV in Kent - maybe they are under new management - I need the toyhauler back by Friday - for two weeks on the road - then weekly trips to the ocean - plan on using all winter I love winter weather - Rainy nasty 30mph + winds at Ocean shores - Damon point - perfect kite boarding weather 😛😎

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 09-19-2015, 10:56 AM   #11

We bought our Sunseeker from Poulsbo in Kent and have had them do warranty work. Were very pleased with them. Got the work done in a timely fashion, were great to work with.

Have had unfavorable experience with Sunset Rv. Would not take anything to them ever!
baileysr1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #12

Sounds like "fun" PH.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #13

Thanks everybody for feedback I'm going to try genesis in Tacoma - They can get me in immediately- just waiting for my parts to arrive at my home now - can't wait to get a new furnace in - before temps start dropping
Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #14
John513

PH are they upgrading your furnace to bigger size, or did yours go out.
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #15

It's in the mail I'll let you know when it arrives - it did not go out.......

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 10-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #16
John513

PH did your furnace arive yet?
JohnRiordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #17

It's in my den but I'm camping so haven't seen it yet and wife is no help on what model it is so have to wait till next weekend to find out ...
Old 10-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #18

Hi PH,
I don't know why I haven't checked before, but there was a discussion that the reason for the furnace XLR installed in these Hyperlites was space being small. Now, there are different models, but the Suburban furnaces I looked at yesterday are the same physical size from ours (19K BTU) up into a 40K BTU, if memory serves. Might have been up to 35K, but 35K would be a major improvement.

What size did they send you?
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 10-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #19

WW like I said - I'm out camping and the new furnace got delivered to my home so got to wait till I get home to see what furnace they sent - - had to remove front cover from current one - like u and others have done to get furnace to heat Toyhauler at night with help of an electric heater in garage in 45degree - can't wait to get it installed along with a few other warranty items that need fixed too
Old 10-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
WW like I said - I'm out camping and the new furnace got delivered to my home so got to wait till I get home to see what furnace they sent - - had to remove front cover from current one - like u and others have done to get furnace to heat Toyhauler at night with help of an electric heater in garage in 45degree - can't wait to get it installed along with a few other warranty items that need fixed too
PH, do you have 20# or 30# LPG cylinders?

I probably should PM you since this has nothing to do with your OP.

I have contemplated getting a Harbor Freight 3000K or 4000K watt inverter. I don't know the limitation of these modified sinewave units, as far as what won't they run. Would you recommend these or would you go with a much more expensive pure sinewave inverter?
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas

Tags
service