Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Six weeks and still no repairs parts from Forest River

Took my new XLR in for what I thought was minor repair of a few things. Missing window screen, door to bathroom needs replaced, refridgerator door face loose, window shade on backwards, and a few other minor things.

Well, they have had it for six weeks now. The minor things have been fixed, but the Dealer says they are waiting on parts from Forest River. A door and a window screen??? Next week the dealer will have had my trailer longer than I did.

Guess it is time to start making my own calls to FR.

Steve7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Head Rambler
I had the same issue and come to find out the dealer hadn't even contacted FR about the parts. When I confronted them about it they told me they were waiting to get a large enough order to pay to ship it. I'd call FR but dont' expect a lot until you get the right person.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Originally Posted by bama rambler View Post
i'd call fr but dont' expect a lot until you get the right person.

99 F250 Super Cab Short Bed 7.3 Powerstroke
84 24' Yellowstone Camino (oldie)
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
it's been my experience from myself and reading from others, that it's usually the dealer's fault, not the manufacturer.
not saying FR doesnt' drop the ball sometimes but that it's the dealer hiding their own incompetence.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
I dont know if I should by a toy hauler from this company !!!!
Securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
My Roo 19 has been at the dealer for 16 weeks for repairs I would have made myself if it wasn't under warranty. I have contacted them several times but they still cannot give me an idea of when they will be done. My next day off I think I am going to steal it back and just fix it.
electrician549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
I've had a couple minor issues with my new unit, but I learned a long time ago it's far better to fix the minor stuff and keep going. Parts cost me a few bucks, but far better than the aggrevation of hauling it back to the dealer.
2012 Signature 8285WS
2010 Ram 2500 w/Cummins
alageezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
First of all, you would think shipping cost is Forest River responsibility as they are the warrantor. The dealer is an independent agent contracted with Forest River to conduct sales and service. It is possible that the arrangement between the dealer and Forest River does require the dealer to pay shipping. If the dealer is truly responsible for shipping, then he is stalling to increase his profit margin as the dealer is paid for the warranty work. Rather than pay a commercial shipper such as UPS, he is probably waiting on a trailer to be delivered to his lot from Forest River whereas your door and screen will be with it (free shipping – increased profit), which is more likely the case since it has been 6 weeks.

In these cases, the bottom line is that the dealer is passing his problem to the customer. There should be a reasonable expectation as to the time a repair will take to complete and the product returned to the customer.

It is dealers who operate in this fashion who give an otherwise good product a bad reputation. That does not only apply to the RV industry, it applies to all businesses. There is always somebody anxious and willing to pass their problem to somebody else. If you think I am kidding, attend some small claim court hearings in your locale.
2012 Rockwood 8314BSS
2011 Chevy
Camping, Dutch Oven Cooking, and Homebrewing
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
We've been waiting on new back cushions for our couch for 8 months. They were delivered in late August, but were damaged, so they had to order them again. I've called our dealer numerous times and I've also contacted Forest River and they say they're aware of the warranty issue and that Flair Interiors is responsible for this component. Of course, in this time, Rockwood has changed the interior fabrics and the one we have is no longer in the catalog, so now I'm worried as to whether we can even GET replacements. I'm wondering if they'll just sweep this under the rug if I don't keep bugging them about it? It's not a huge deal, but we paid a lot of money for this TT and the stitching on the cushions is unacceptable. Guess it's time for another call to the dealer.....
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
Many times dealers will have their parts orders shipped inside a unit coming to them. Free shipping as it were. This time of year few units shipping so no parts. Fix it your self or camp out at the dealers until it is fixed. Or tell them you want cash and you will fix it yourself!

donn is offline   Reply With Quote