Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
slideout rubbing

I have a 2012 XLR 300x12 the couch slide is rubbing the tape off the corners and leaving a black sticky trail across the carpet. Has anyone else had this happening to them? I saw another XLR that has what is starting to be the same problem and wondered if there was a fix for it?

sever4235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
Pictures would help to show your problem.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
It have had this happen before but in a Rockwood. Your slide out needs adjusting, it sound like it has dropped down. It can be adjusted but may need to go to the dealer if you done know what you are doing.

Not only did mine drop but it also shifted to the rear of the camper, so I had a double problem.

One think I would inspect if I were you since the slide out is dragging are the bolts that hold the linkage in place this is located on the out side of the slide out and under the slide out, they do break.....
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
rockwood06 is correct, the slide has moved out of adjustment. We had this happen on our last two units, quick fix but I would have a dealer do it. Look at the slide underside and you can see where the moves happened as the brace with show the markings. On our current unit the factory failed to correctly tighten one of the bolts and it worked out.
2011 GMC 3500HD 4x4 Crew DRW Duramax
Pullrite 20.5K
2012 Sierra 365SAQ
2006 Police Roadking FLHPi
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
I hope that you find a resolution to this problem as this is a top of the line rv and with this buid quality you should not have this type of trouble.

I was hoping that you could answer a couple questions I have, I am interested in purchasing this same rv but am worried about the payload as I can easily over load it just with the atv's that i would have in the garage. I wonder if it would be possible to install a 3rd axle? Also there is very limited counter top space in the kitchen, does this seem to be a problem, I was thinking it may not be as there is a ton of cabinet space and the table could be used?
Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
I havent had an atv in it the heaviest i have had it was full of gas for the generator,water,food and a golfcart for a outing with some freinds at a drag strip for the weekend! you could go up to the 14ft garage with 3 axles. But i would look under the slides for them rubbing it seems to be a problem with all i have looked at. Have the dealer do a adjustment before delivery and recheck just for a small bit of rubbing. As for overloading the dry weight listed on it is 10800 so depending on the weight of the atvs im not sure. I think there is plenty of counter space and with the table we havent even used it.

sever4235 is offline   Reply With Quote