Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
some windows hard to open? Your's?

I keep wanting to post this and keep forgetting. On my Hyperlite 29HFS, the narrow vertical sliders are near impossible to open. It takes two hands to pull the lock releases towards each other, while trying to pull the window up while seated on a recliner.



Closing isn't an issue. What I do is not close it all the way.. or don't bother to open them.

I just want to know if other's have noticed and/or find them difficult? I've thought about taking off one or both releases and leaving them off. No one larger than a very small child could fit through the window anyway.

Is the lock releases a poor design? Do they expect you to always have a friend, neighbor, or three hands available? What?

Please respond, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT
WWW
__________________

__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 936
That looks to be the same type window we have on our Forester -- actually two of them -- one in the galley and one in the bedroom -- and they're both difficult. Easier to open the one in the bedroom while lying down!
__________________

__________________
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
mark0224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,443
Try rubbing the track wit a bar of soap it will make them slide easier. Yes they do all slide hard it's usually just at the beginning.
__________________
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
2010 Rockwood has the same problem...almost like the window could stand to be a smidge wider to keep the rock out......keep forgett'n to address the things!
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
R3Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I keep wanting to post this and keep forgetting. On my Hyperlite 29HFS, the narrow vertical sliders are near impossible to open. It takes two hands to pull the lock releases towards each other, while trying to pull the window up while seated on a recliner.







Closing isn't an issue. What I do is not close it all the way.. or don't bother to open them.



I just want to know if other's have noticed and/or find them difficult? I've thought about taking off one or both releases and leaving them off. No one larger than a very small child could fit through the window anyway.



Is the lock releases a poor design? Do they expect you to always have a friend, neighbor, or three hands available? What?



Please respond, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT

WWW

Are these single pane or double pane? Not sure if it matters...just curious.




-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
__________________
RJones
2016 Nitro 31FQSL
2017 2500 Denali Duramax
R3Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
Try rubbing the track wit a bar of soap it will make them slide easier. Yes they do all slide hard it's usually just at the beginning.
Yep, tried 303, silicon, and the soap and its better. Here's what I see (or imagine) is sticking. As the window fully closes; that last 1/2" a horizontal seal on the movable light, slides past a horizontal "seal" on the stationary light and its tight. But the rest of the way up; or down, is okay. It is like theses seals are too thick... at least too thick considering how you have to work the windows. Thanks for the reply Mark.
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Single
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
Are these single pane or double pane? Not sure if it matters...just curious.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
RJ, these are single strength.
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,155
The TH is at a dealer about the latest AC problem and the issue is on the "to do" list.
WW
__________________
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
The only windows I have opened or tried to open are the emergency exits and one like yours in the same place.

I opened the exit windows with due caution to make sure they opened.

The slide window would not budge so I left it closed.
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.