Not really the best way...
1. Get home from a long boondocking excursion at 11pm.
2. Put the camper in the storage spot.
3. Tell yourself that you'll come back tomorrow to winterize.
4. Temps drop overnight to 20 below freezing and stay there for 3 days.
5. Finally get back to the storage area a couple of days later...
We got off really light. I only had to replace the toilet water valve and the elbow that feeds the fresh water tank. Of course, to replace that elbow I had to completely remove the shower. Good thing most of it's held together with bubble gum.