Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #1

Switching Box

Need a little help would like to add switch box but need one that has coax input and 2 HDMI input. Can't seem to find one find some with RCA jacks
Mickey Moto
27 HFS XLR
Mickey Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #2

Need to know what you're trying to accomplish, Mickey

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Need to know what you're trying to accomplish, Mickey
k

Would like to run everything off switch box but need to bring coax in from exciting wall plate which is coax. Two HDMI from TV and blue ray player back to switching box
Old 06-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #4

YOu have a switch box built into modern multi-input LCD TV/monitors. It is accessible using the remote control of your screen. It is usually labeled TV input and allows whatever is plugged into the back of the screen to switch inputs between off-the-air (antenna) or cable, and one or more HDMI inputs.

I really know of nothing else that will accomplish that. YOu may want to look at a couple of specialty web sites that I know of that may have something.

MCM Electronics: Home and Pro Audio/Video, Security and Test Equipment

or

Video Balun, Computer Cables, HDMI Cables, LCD Brackets - PI Manufacturing

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
YOu have a switch box built into modern multi-input LCD TV/monitors. It is accessible using the remote control of your screen. It is usually labeled TV input and allows whatever is plugged into the back of the screen to switch inputs between off-the-air (antenna) or cable, and one or more HDMI inputs.

I really know of nothing else that will accomplish that. YOu may want to look at a couple of specialty web sites that I know of that may have something.

MCM Electronics: Home and Pro Audio/Video, Security and Test Equipment

or

Video Balun, Computer Cables, HDMI Cables, LCD Brackets - PI Manufacturing
Thanks
Old 06-17-2015, 05:40 AM   #6

Yep. That's about your only option. You can't actually convert a coaxial signal to HDMI without a tuner. There are a few stand alone tuners out there that would do what you want to do, but they are cost prohibitive. If your current TV doesn't have a coaxial input or multiple HDMI ports it's almost cheaper to just go buy another TV that does.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:53 AM   #7

Mickey, do you have more than one Television?

I have only one set, but prepared for 2 or 3 (via coax). I modified the existing wall plate to allow me to bring OTA antenna, CATV, or Dishnet inputs into either the television or the Dish receiver. My receiver is what I normally use and switching the set from receiver (HDMI), BR player (HDMI) or OTA antenna is a matter of using the input options for the set. The only down side is I have to move the coax cable manually from sat receiver to television if I want to watch cable television when (on rare occassions) its provided by the park. If I add a second set, it would have to rewire or go to a wireless HD solution. I really don't plan on having a second set.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:08 AM   #8

Go on Amazon and look for multiple input wireless transmitters -there are a few models - much easier than running cable to other TV and if you cost out long hdmi cables and time it's cheaper too.
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote