Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #11

I really hadn't considered that propane valves have to be accessible. Its because of it being on the road. You can lock them at the house both the tank from being picked up and the valves from being tapered with

Playharder's suggesting of me getting two tongue mounted boxes makes more sense that way the LP box can stay unlocked and the generator box and battery box can be locked. It might make more economical sense just to leave the propane tanks as is. I have heard of a tanks being stolen, but that has to be rare. Let see what the minimum needed for the Honda generator and batteries only would require.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #12

Bought the DeeZee DZ91717 it fits inside tongue A-frame; sitting it on top presented too many obstacles. The lower it sits the better. WDH and propane tank and factory cover are good. The lid does hit the tongue light so slightly.

I am just now contemplating how to mount it securely. Its tight at the front but about 1-1/4" loose at the back each side. The box is a little flimsy so I think it will take more than simply bolting through sides. Especially considering the weight of two batteries.

Probably will take angle iron side to side at both front and rear bottoms, like the waste tanks are mounted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439131257850.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	85214   Click image for larger version

Name:	1439131297680.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	85215   Click image for larger version

Name:	1439131451422.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	85216  

Old 08-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #13

those wd hangers should be about 27 or 30 inches back from ball centerline depending on bar. they look a little close to ball imo. batteries gas caustic vapors. gen set needs lots of ventilation. if its a leave in place operation from that box, you want to line it for noise and corrosion. looks good on there...
Old 08-09-2015, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
those wd hangers should be about 27 or 30 inches back from ball centerline depending on bar. they look a little close to ball imo. batteries gas caustic vapors. gen set needs lots of ventilation. if its a leave in place operation from that box, you want to line it for noise and corrosion. looks good on there...
Thanks C, the hangers are where they've been. I have the Reese Dual-cam and the chain hange vertical down to the cam arm.

Runnning the generator in the box isn't an option; even carrying it there excludes the batteries from being in there. I could mount the batteries in the generator box on a sliding shelf, but not sure yet.

Making an under frame mount for the dump hose opens up the gen box for other purposes, since I carry the hose and pieces there in a plastic box.

Batteries on the bottom of the box with a shelf separating from other items carried towards the top of the box (chocks, cord, hose, protector, etc) is what I'm leaning towards doing.

You are right about providing good ventilation. I've seen some small aluminum vents that pop into a drilled hole... about 1-1/2".

I'm thinking about painting the inside with bed liner "stuff". I've thought about doing that to the outside as well... would look better in black