Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #1

tooth removal

Hmmm...so all the literature and the FR website says that the 2015 Nitro TT is supposed to have as standard equipment, AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth Stereo. Mine must have been sent to the dentist prior to delivery since I can't for the life of me find the Bluetooth. Nor is it mentioned in the docs for the radio.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM   #2

Brand and model of your radio would be helpful.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #3

Boyo AVS 300 I believe. It's not in front of me so this is from memory and I'm old.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #4

Looked up the unit and from the specs I see on 2 different sites it does not have Bluetooth. Sorry about that.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #5

Yeah. So now I need to figure out how to get it replaced with what it was supposed to have installed. Sigh...

I don't like having to use a cable out of the front of the unit for streaming music. It makes it look like crap.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 AM   #6

From the looks of it, that radio is as basic and bottom line as you can get. Apparently the faceplate is easy to break when you take it off and put it back on. Yes, time to move on up. Good luck.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #7

Personally, I would take of picture of the unit and make a proposal to your dealer... you'll trade out the radio at your own expense in exchange for a store credit, merchandise, or services.

Let's face it.. they don't want the hassle.. you don't want the hassle and have your rig sitting around at the dealers for how long?... just to get a slightly better sound system. You can get a FAR better sound system with all the features you want for much less than what FR or your dealer have to offer... without all the hassle.

It's a tactic I've used successfully before. Ie., You folks dropped the ball on "this"... instead of all the hassle how about you give me a couple maxair II vent covers, top off my propane tank and we'll call it even. ;-)
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #8

On your paperwork you received from the dealer all the different appliances and equipment should be listed. If the one you got is listed it's yours unless you have something in writing saying you ordered it with the other then you could have a way to get the dealer to replace. Like Yarome said you can get a much better unit than the dealer offers so you might try that route and get some other upgrades.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
Personally, I would take of picture of the unit and make a proposal to your dealer... you'll trade out the radio at your own expense in exchange for a store credit, merchandise, or services.

Let's face it.. they don't want the hassle.. you don't want the hassle and have your rig sitting around at the dealers for how long?... just to get a slightly better sound system. You can get a FAR better sound system with all the features you want for much less than what FR or your dealer have to offer... without all the hassle.

It's a tactic I've used successfully before. Ie., You folks dropped the ball on "this"... instead of all the hassle how about you give me a couple maxair II vent covers, top off my propane tank and we'll call it even. ;-)
I agree 100%. I had something similar happen with a previous rig that came with the lowest quality mattress ever. Instead of the dealer replacing it over and over when it continually failed, I had them cut me a check for what a replacement cost and I put it towards a high quality unit of my own choosing. Worked out better for all parties involved.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote