Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #21

Mine tows fine with the gc or garage empty.Also doesnt seem to matter if the fw tank is full or mt,its in front of the axels and 100 gal.Ive pulled it in all the senarios,doesnt matter.I guess I have to admit fw did a good job when they figured axel placement on the 315wp.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Mine tows fine with the gc or garage empty.Also doesnt seem to matter if the fw tank is full or mt,its in front of the axels and 100 gal.Ive pulled it in all the senarios,doesnt matter.I guess I have to admit fw did a good job when they figured axel placement on the 315wp.
Apples to oranges. The OP is talking about a travel trailer toy hauler. I'm pretty sure the 315WP as a fifth wheel is minimally affected by where the weight is placed. I have a 38 ft gooseneck horse trailer (LQ model) and when we load over 4,000 pounds of horses the only difference I notice is a little less acceleration. Since it has hydraulic disc brakes stopping doesn't seem any different.

It's a whole different world in a travel trailer.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #23

Yeah,I didnt read from the begining.We have a Merhow 2horse 12'sw that we used for the mules and toys before we got the 315.We still use it ocasionally with the mules,but it doesnt have a slide and we wanted more room.The crawl up bunk is a bit tough sometimes at our age.I had thought abot lift out stalls for the th,but it was easier to just keep the Merhow.We only really used it once this year for mules,so I think its "going down the road"!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #24

I haul two motorcycles (approx. 1400 lbs.) and since I have the power sofas in the rear I always run a full tank of fresh water to get anywhere near enough TW. I also load as much in front of the wheels as possible. My total TT weight on the trip I just returned from today was 9400 lbs. with a TT GVWR of 9970. Factory dry weight posted on the a-frame says 7275.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14441216_10207379371898206_9156715091254161743_n.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	122317  
2005 Victory Vegas
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Yeah,I didnt read from the begining.We have a Merhow 2horse 12'sw that we used for the mules and toys before we got the 315.We still use it ocasionally with the mules,but it doesnt have a slide and we wanted more room.The crawl up bunk is a bit tough sometimes at our age.I had thought abot lift out stalls for the th,but it was easier to just keep the Merhow.We only really used it once this year for mules,so I think its "going down the road"!
Yep...that crawl up bunk is hard to handle. We do have the slide out and it's really roomy and comfortable...except for the bunk.

Tags
tongue weight, toy hauler, weight