Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
CUZISA2

TV problems

We installed a new TV for the bedroom and everything worked great for two trips. This past weekend the TV says no signal and won't pull any channels. The living room TV works fine. We are running off of the Winegard Antenna. We took the new TV down and tried it in the garage and it doesn't get a signal there either.

So we took it home and tried on an antenna and it works great. So back at the drawing board it would seem there is a loose connection at a split but we've looked everywhere and can't find where anything is at. Anyone have suggestions or had a similar problem?
mgmalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #2

Is the booster on? There may only be one switch for all outlets. If so the led should be on and all plugs boosted.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
CUZISA2

I have no idea. Where is the booster? Since the TV worked fine for two trips I'm not sure what could have been turned off.
mgmalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #4

I had a similar problem with my outside TV. I pulled the connector from the side of the trailer and found that the connector on the end of the cable had not been stripped and crimped correctly. I restriped the wire and put a better connector on it and now all is well. They use very cheap coax in these trailers and I can see if not doing it with just a little attention to detail how they could work loose.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #5

Sorry, made an assumption that the antenna was the feed for the signal and your coax connection was using a booster. If you are using CG feed then the booster would not be used.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote