Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
dgibbs1955

Unhappy Viper XLR air conditioning

Came back from an extended weekend to find my bedroom AC unit not blowing any air, but the compressor sounded like garbage disposal with a quarter in it. This would be the second motor in a year.
I live in my unit full time, so taking it to a repair shop is not an option. When I go on extended trips, I bring the slides in, so that the "foot print" for HVAC is as small as possible. Thermostat is set at 78 degrees and the fan is set to "HI" so as to keep the air moving, thus not requiring the compressor cycling constantly.
Any body else having similar problems???

2012 Dodge 3500 Cummins Crew Cab 4X4, "Decluttered" and Tuned/2020 Riverstone 39RKFB/2012 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide CVO.
Summer in Blair,Nebraska.
Winter at home in Azle, TX.
dgibbs1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #2

[QUOTE=dgibbs1955;947451]Came back from an extended weekend to find my bedroom AC unit not blowing any air, but the compressor sounded like garbage disposal with a quarter in it. This would be the second motor in a year.
I live in my unit full time, so taking it to a repair shop is not an option. When I go on extended trips, I bring the slides in, so that the "foot print" for HVAC is as small as possible. Thermostat is set at 78 degrees and the fan is set to "HI" so as to keep the air moving, thus not requiring the compressor cycling constantly.
Any body else having similar problems???[/QUOTe

since your running it full time how often do you go up and clean the coils out ? clogged coils will cause the compressor to over heat and not cool well . not sure these units are built for full time use .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr, air conditioner