Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCrazy808 View Post
how does everyone get the black underbelly off? it doesnt seem to be attached with normal screws.

Believe it or not, its installed with a nail gun. Similar to a Ramset. Use some pliers to twist and pry them loose. I reinstalled with self tapping screws with washers.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:14 AM   #22

Mine had screws on the curb side and nails on the other. Local dealer replaced my underbelly but left in in such a mess that I am in touch with the factory to have it done right.

Jeff

-2016 XLR Nitro 31 FQSL
-2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
Mainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #23

ill hafta check into that for my prep for the mini vaca to the keys during thanksgiving week...thanks for the tip!
MotoCrazy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCrazy808 View Post
how does everyone get the black underbelly off? it doesnt seem to be attached with normal screws. mine has some sagging, but i assumeed it as frfom just being almost cardstock like. although i had that suction leak that WWwas talking about i think...

i wanted to drop the cover so i could check 4 more leakage and for the future planning of putting in pitbull motorcycle restraints and e tracks
Sounds like your's and mine are different; mine was / is screwed on with self-drilling / self-tapping "SDST" hex head screws ... with washers. Way back I reported that I added two lengthwise runs; equally spaced; between the frame rails of 1x2 wooden (pressure treated) strips; bolted to the floor trusses / joists and screwed the belly (coroplast) to them, pretty much eliminating the sag. While in there I straightened out water and electrical lines and well insulated all the water lines down there. I also wrapped the tanks with Frost King duct insulation.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #25

maybe its the difference between a 27 and a 29?
MotoCrazy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #26

My 2015 29hfs has screws and nails holding up the belly. It's on my list for next spring to do what WW did with the 1X2s.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #27

you can't be careful enough when screwing into the 1x2s, some are on or very close to the tanks... a slight miscalculation and oops! I used 3/4" non self tapping tech screws. I reused the factory screws on the frame rails.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 11-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #28

WW,
Like always, thank you for the wonderful advice...:thumbup:
Old 11-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
Believe it or not, its installed with a nail gun. Similar to a Ramset. Use some pliers to twist and pry them loose. I reinstalled with self tapping screws with washers.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Thanks for that...I wondered what those things were.... Mine looks like it's 50 gallons of water in there somewhere.... sagging here and there... not to mention you cannot do an inspection with that crap on there.

One positive note... we were camping the first night in OH with the heater was on and the floor was warm to the foot. I assumed then the "underbelly heater" was working.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #30

Hello. We have a 2013 CC we were driving down the interstate and the first section of the underbelly came off. We had to go to HD and and got a sheet of osb. Cut it to size and drilled holes in the frame. Used self taping screws to attach it. We are home now and are looking for a good replacement for the rest of the plastic under belly. The original underbelly material is not the plastic cardboard. It is plastic panels with ribs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	125141  
Austin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin65 View Post
Hello. We have a 2013 CC we were driving down the interstate and the first section of the underbelly came off. We had to go to HD and and got a sheet of osb. Cut it to size and drilled holes in the frame. Used self taping screws to attach it. We are home now and are looking for a good replacement for the rest of the plastic under belly. The original underbelly material is not the plastic cardboard. It is plastic panels with ribs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coroplast Roll. You can find it here http://corrugatedplastics.net/Corrug...sticRolls.html

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 11-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #32

That link I sent is incorrect. You want the double faced version.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 11-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #33

Thank you I will be checking tomorrow
Austin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #34

Water in Underbelly (Fixed)

Since I started this thread, I thought it important to wrap it up (from my perspective). As you can see from the date of the original post, this issue appeared months ago. I worked locally with my delivering dealer to have the underbelly replaced in late September. They were clearly inexperienced and unprepared to handle it and what resulted was a sagging mess that was not even close to being sealed. Unhappy, I sent pictures to XLR's Warranty Department and was pleasantly surprised that they agreed to me bringing the camper to the factory for proper repair (my warranty expired in June of 2016). However, they noted that I would have to wait until they had the time.

Well, this week was it. I prearranged dropping it off Sunday. I also communicated a couple other "wishes" to be looked at. Long story short, they had it done Monday afternoon. One of my "wishes" was to have the duct going into the garage increased from 2" to 4". They did this with no questions asked.

Much of what hits this forum is negative (most rightly so) . I just want to take the opportunity to pass along the credit when due.

Jeff

-2016 XLR Nitro 31 FQSL
-2006 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax LBZ
Mainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #35

Thanks for letting everyone know about another positive outcome!

It's good to hear the factory stepping up.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #36

For all those who have a sagging underbelly, beware! We took our unit into Campers Inn, whom we didn't buy it from, and told them our issues/concerns. What we thought was a minor problem with the seal from the toilet to the black tank of our 2016 29HFS has turned out to be much more. We have the dreaded sagging underbelly, resting on the axles. Turns out that what we thought was just a simple seal problem between the toilet and the black tank is much, much worse than that. Was told that they dropped the entire underbelly and found out that our black tank was improperly installed at the factory and was sitting on a frame rail, which in turn caused necessary seals to fail and basically the majority of what we "flushed" from the toilet ended up on top of our black tank and/or into our underbelly. Campers Inn is doing an amazing job of keeping me informed and doing the right thing even though it's only warranty work to them.

My word of caution, if you have a relatively new unit, get it in for someone to look over before your warranty expires!!!
chrissybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
For all those who have a sagging underbelly, beware! We took our unit into Campers Inn, whom we didn't buy it from, and told them our issues/concerns. What we thought was a minor problem with the seal from the toilet to the black tank of our 2016 29HFS has turned out to be much more. We have the dreaded sagging underbelly, resting on the axles. Turns out that what we thought was just a simple seal problem between the toilet and the black tank is much, much worse than that. Was told that they dropped the entire underbelly and found out that our black tank was improperly installed at the factory and was sitting on a frame rail, which in turn caused necessary seals to fail and basically the majority of what we "flushed" from the toilet ended up on top of our black tank and/or into our underbelly. Campers Inn is doing an amazing job of keeping me informed and doing the right thing even though it's only warranty work to them.

My word of caution, if you have a relatively new unit, get it in for someone to look over before your warranty expires!!!
Thanks C, I have been all over my 29 and no leaks so far. The lowest part of the black tank, as it tapers down to the outlet is closer to the axles that the axles are to the frame and the axles have bottomed out onto the frame. That equates to about 2 inches, so with just a little sag of the coro, its touching. You might remember my unit got the 5200# axles, but didn't lift it any perceivable amount. So, other than install a lift kit (about 4 inches of lift), which will make loading the bike much harder, so I reluctantly pass on the lift, at least for now.
W

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas

Tags
underbelly, water