Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #1

water leak from unknown point.....

The family and I get back from our Memorial Day weekend getaway, get unloaded and get the camper parked in its parking place. I came back out to put something into the camper the next day and saw a streak of water coming from under the front bed and running along the wall where the A/C control, slide switch is located.

Let me set this up for you....

The slide was in....

We had a thunderstorm.....

I step inside and see the streak of water (almost like about less than a half a bottle of Deer Park water) on the linoleum floor

I looked under the bed in the storage area and followed the streak to the water heater / pump area.... couldn't tell if any water came from around any of the devices in there or did it leak from somewhere in the seam of the slide and got in somehow.

Fast forward......

after a few dry days... the water was cleaned up and everything looks dry and normal.

I hooked up the water to the hose and charged the system for a little bit and inspected the water pump and HW heater and could not see any water leaking out.

Next step is to take the hose and dowse that side of the camper and see if I can see anything happening from that scenario.

I'm writing this post and curious to know if anyone else has experienced this issue?
Martins5547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #2

I have a wildwood but am dealing with same problem. The unit is currently at the dealer since Monday and thy still can't find the leak
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #3

In Maryland, we have had rainstorms and I have checked and still cannot find a leak. The more that I think about it, I'm wondering if the rubber seal around the slide-out may have not been seated properly or all the way. I had the slide-out in when the water was discovered. The slide-out has been out ever since and not water has been found.... at least from rain. I think I will put things back together and bring the slide-out back in and observe from there. I will pay more attention to the seals in this area and see if they are seating properly. Will keep you all updated.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #4

Even with rubber seals around the slide out, whether in or out, water can and does find a way to come in around the seals as they do not form a tight aggressive seal. Your unit (imo) should have a slight tilt to the slide out side for water to flow away from the unit and not into it.

This suggestion is only for water coming in from the out side. I had a water leak in a line in the bath wall and did not know it for months because the tilt of the unit flowed the water under the tub and on to the top of a sewer tank. I parked it one day tilted in the other direction and water flowed under the wall and out to the main floor when the pump was on.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #5

Tilting the rig to the slide out side may work unless, of course, you have slides on both sides. Tilting from front to back may help with those rigs with slides on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #6

Since you mentioned you had rain, but slide out was in, made me remember a situation my son had with his Wildcat fiver. He had it parked with the slide out in the out position. When he got ready to take a trip soon after a rain he noticed upon arrival at his destination that the floor was wet. This resulted from standing water on the slide. When he let the slide in and took off with the rig the water ran out on the floor off of the top of the slide. Could be your problem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #7

upon further inspection, I did notice shortly after the water collection on the floor in the above mentioned, I saw that the rubber seal was buckled in a little bit in one area that could have allowed water to seep in. As for the water on top of the slide out, my rig has an awning and doesn't allow water to get up there in between. I've been keeping an eye out and checking after every storm that we have and have not seen any water again. (finger's crossed)

Tags
leak, water, water leak