Old 08-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Water Leak under slide out after filling freshwater tank?

Hi all,

I just filled my freshwater tank and everything seemed to be working just fine... no leaks or anything. Pump inside was shutting off after a few seconds, so I know pressure is building and holding.

However, underneath the trailer, I seem to have water leaking right underneath the slideout. There is a larger white hose that goes into the freshwater tank, which I' assuming this is the hose that is used to fill the tank (comes down from the external hose connection.

Either way, this hose goes up above the floor, but below the slideout. It's the only hose that is not exposed, so that's why I'm thinking it's the main feed from the water input source.

The water seems to be dripping from just above the floor, down the main frame rail, and onto the ground. Any idea what or where this could be leaking from? All of the exposed hoses underneath seem fine.

Thanks

Old 08-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

Could it just be the overflow? I know on my 24HFS if I over fill the fresh water, it will leak out onto the ground.. but it comes from an actual hose that sticks below the under-tray

Old 08-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #3

I'm hoping that's what it is, as it didn't start leaking until full. I let some water out of the tank, but it still hasn't quit.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #4

Not sure what model you have, but my 29hfs does have a white hose running from the tank fill, down through the floor (I have and access panel right behind the fill connection) and have seen that the hose runs to the top of the fresh tank. Does it leak even when the pump is off? Is it dripping at the front of rear of slide area. Do you have the belly pan (coroplast) off?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #5

Sorry, I have the 27hfs. The tank reads full and the leak has stopped, so maybe it was the overflow? I just found it really odd that the overflow would leak for such a long time, as it dripped for almost an hour.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #6

Also, it drips even when the pump is off.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #7

Mine does the same thing. If I fill the water tank until water starts dripping from the overflow, it will continue to drip for quite a while. Since I very rarely carry a full tank of water I was a little concerned the first time.

Nights Camped 2012 (7) 2013 (33) 2014 (27) 2015 (34) 2016 (4)
Kaboom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:12 AM   #8

I agree the overflow will drip after topping off the fresh tank. But, it runs or drips from the overflow hose... mine is blue. Mine drips for maybe 5 minutes. Maybe the overflow tube isn't pulled down through the coroplast?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #9

its an overflow, ive got the same trailer and mine did the same thing when the dealer filled it up

Tags
leak, slide, slide out, tank, water, water leak, water tank