Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Well, we did it!!!

Finally got myself back as a genuine Forest River owner. Picked up a 35x12 XLR last weekend. What a big step up from the Keystone piece of crap we had for the last 4 years!!! The difference in quality from these 2 trailers is so evident to me and besides that the wife is happy too!

MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #2

Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Congrats, I joined the forum to research that very model. "If" you ever put it on the scales would you mind to post it up the results ? What do you tow it with ? The wife and kids are tired of me making them camp in an enclosed cargo trailer at the races. lol

Thanks for any info ya might pass along.
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
Was planning on taking it directly to the scales, but the dealer had the tanks filled up to do the PDI. Since I never tow with anything in the tanks, it wouldn't have been accurate enough for me. On top of that, my capture plate didn't fit right with the cover they use over the pin box, so I have to change that before I go anywhere. I tow it with an 08 F350 CC dually, 6.4 diesel, auto 4x4. Trailer should be right around 13000 before we put anything in it, so i have about 2800 pounds of "stuff" I can take. Sure wish I had some vacation left!
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.. Congratulations.
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Congratulations on the new rig! We are very happy with our XLR and are amazed that we don't see more of them on the road. Since this is our first camper since we had a Coleman pop up 11 years ago, we cannot compare the quality to others.

Enjoy, be safe, and happy travels

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR 29 MBV
2010 Dodge 2500 Cummings
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote