Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarowe View Post
Installed my new ProPride hitch (an absolute amazing piece of engineering) and installed a tool box on the front end to help create some extra storage. Now I just have to find a soft sided propane tank cover because the plastic one won't fit between my tongue jack and the ProPride spring bar jacks without jamming it in there.
You mean the plastic cover won't fit between your gas tanks and spring bar jack? Did you have to move the propane tank mount closer to the tongue jack?

Obviously, a black soft cover should work. I have one in white from the old camper that came from CW. They come in 20# and 30# sizes.

Not sure you pulled with it yet, but let us know if its a good as people claim. The price is the only drawback, plus maybe the weight. I would love to have either this one, or the blue ox. I've looked at one, its the design clever?

Have you done a full lock turn going forward to see if the new box hits your bumper? Mine hit the factory rack... had to cut the rack down.... but it will come off as soon as I get the tongue box I've ordered from eTrailer... its a DeeZee DZ91717... they shipped me the DZ9171P... I'm going to have to paint it black.... which isn't the best... thought about before mounting it (after checking fit), getting it Rhinoliner(ed) first. How cool would it be to have the propane tanks Rhino'd too?

Why would DeeZee use almost the same part number, when they didn't have to. The boxes are entirely different. Now I have to make sure when UPS drops off the new one, someone is here to hand him the return. My closest USP store is over 25 miles away.

Another thing.... every ground ship UPS item I have received lately, looks like they were run over by a train! Anyone else seen this? I hope not, but probably the aluminum box will probably be damaged.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #262
2014 XLR 27HFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_guy View Post
Added some stabilizers for my landing gear. No pics of the rear but it's on too.
I've been wondering about these too BG, please let us know if they noticeably cut down the movement.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #263
2014 XLR 27HFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Trying to get my head around 400 Amps on the 12 VAC side... I was trying to figure out AH requirement for batteries to produce 3000 Watts for an hour... good grief again.

I don't scare easy, but that seems like a scary amount of current going through a camper. Then again, I shoved a 4,000W generator in a few inches under where my head sleeps.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #264

Can someone please tell me where I can buy a 4 gang switch identical to the one in the garage of a 29HFS?

I want to replace front switch (3 gang) to add LED's to steps.

Please help.
STLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #265
Coachmen Adrenaline

you could call Valerie(XLR Parts) 574-642-0429. She will be able to get you one that we use.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #266

The 400amp fuss is at 12 volt DC. One battery is capable of considerably more for an instant.

The starter in your car draws around 250 amps.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #267
CUZISA2

Any of you know where I can find the tool for this head? I hate it when they use these things instead of a screw. Trying to remove the panel in the storage area so I can track my TV cables. Bedroom and garage won't pick up any signals on antenna but living room does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1436375145183.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	82358  
mgmalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #268
Mod free 5er

Believe it is a #2 square.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #269

Just a square head. Can be found at home depot.
laurajean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #270
CUZISA2

Don't have a Home Depot and Menard's didn't have. I'm gonna check Harbor Freight.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #271

I call it an 1/8" square head... very common

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #272
HHandTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmalm View Post
Any of you know where I can find the tool for this head? I hate it when they use these things instead of a screw. Trying to remove the panel in the storage area so I can track my TV cables. Bedroom and garage won't pick up any signals on antenna but living room does.
Also known as a Robertson screw.
HorstandTonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #273
CUZISA2

Finally found a set of square ones at Harbor Freight. Now to get behind that panel and figure out the problem!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #274

Best screw ever, doesn't strip easily like the phillips.

Hopefully a quick fix with the tv cable!

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #275

Quote:
You mean the plastic cover won't fit between your gas tanks and spring bar jack? Did you have to move the propane tank mount closer to the tongue jack?

Obviously, a black soft cover should work. I have one in white from the old camper that came from CW. They come in 20# and 30# sizes.

Not sure you pulled with it yet, but let us know if its a good as people claim. The price is the only drawback, plus maybe the weight. I would love to have either this one, or the blue ox. I've looked at one, its the design clever?

Have you done a full lock turn going forward to see if the new box hits your bumper? Mine hit the factory rack... had to cut the rack down.... but it will come off as soon as I get the tongue box I've ordered from eTrailer... its a DeeZee DZ91717... they shipped me the DZ9171P... I'm going to have to paint it black.... which isn't the best... thought about before mounting it (after checking fit), getting it Rhinoliner(ed) first. How cool would it be to have the propane tanks Rhino'd too?

Why would DeeZee use almost the same part number, when they didn't have to. The boxes are entirely different. Now I have to make sure when UPS drops off the new one, someone is here to hand him the return. My closest USP store is over 25 miles away.

Another thing.... every ground ship UPS item I have received lately, looks like they were run over by a train! Anyone else seen this? I hope not, but probably the aluminum box will probably be damaged.
Yes, the plastic cover is too tight to fit between the spring bar jacks and the tongue jack. I did have to move the tanks slightly but no matter where I put them, it wouldn't have fit. Without the tool box, I may have been OK because there is +/- 1/2" adjust ability in the spring bar jacks and I have them 1/2" forward right now... so the extra inch would probably allow the tank cover to fit properly. But I'd rather have a soft cover and the tool box since storage is a little limited on the 24HFS.

All I have to say is WOW!!!! I towed to the same campground where I had previous issues due to a stretch of highway that is known to be a wind tunnel. The last trip, I ended up sending a Ford F150 onto the shoulder because of a gust of wind. This time the trailer didn't move an inch the entire way. I've NEVER had a trailer tow so solid in my life. My mother-in-law was behind me and said she has never seen a trailer as steady as this was. There is definitely a learning curve with it, but mine is with disconnecting. I actual prefer connecting to this more than a standard trailer even though that was some complaints people had. I can be fully hooked up in about 2 minutes. Unhooking is a bit tricky because it's hard to judge when the weight is taken off the TV so you can pull away. But that will just take some getting used to. As far as mods go, this is probably the best money I've ever spent on this trailer. The piece of mind and safety is worth a lot more than I paid.

The box is a DeeZee box but I can't remember which model. I picked it up from my local auto parts store (Pep Boys). They actually had it in stock. I just took some pre-measurements and found the one that fit best. The only thing is I had to play around a bit with mounting because the lid moves further back than I expected so I had to space it out from the front of the trailer a little more than I expected so it wouldn't rub when opening. As far as a full lock turn, the PP hitch extends the TV about an extra foot in front of the trailer so I am nowhere close to hitting. I'd have to really jack-knife the heck out of it to actually get the box to hit.
klarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #276

Sunset from Flagler Beach
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1436577426026.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	82550  

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 PM   #277

WW,
That view is perfect.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #278

Well today I had to pack up and leave Chutes Prov Park. Had a good few days out there.

This was my first time using the JT Strong Arm stabilizer system. For those who were wondering, well worth it!!!
Before when we were setup the trailer would sway at times when walking inside. I was able to confirm the issue by standing outside and seeing the landing gear and rear jacks wobble.

When setting up I leveled the trailer and then pushed on the nose of the trailer, it moved back and forth. I then set the Strong Arm system up and tried again, didn't move. All weekend there was no noticeable movement in the trailer. Was awesome!

Also attached pic of the rear since I didn't have one before.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8939.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	500.0 KB
ID:	82757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8957.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	82758  

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
Old 07-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie_guy View Post
... the landing gear and rear jacks wobble.

When setting up I leveled the trailer and then pushed on the nose of the trailer, it moved back and forth. I then set the Strong Arm system up and tried again, didn't move. All weekend there was no noticeable movement in the trailer. Was awesome!

Also attached pic of the rear since I didn't have one before.
Great pictures BG. I made my own for the old Greywolf because it was terrible, the only time I can sense movement is when plunking down on the sofa. So there is a little side to side slight movement, or maybe I can't tell if its me wobbling or the trailer.

I wonder if the 4x4s are too narrow for a solid footing? Is the unwanted motion forward to aft?. I put mine down on 12x12 plastic pads... they don't wobble.

Did you already tell us where you bought your JT's?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #280

Quote:

I wonder if the 4x4s are too narrow for a solid footing? Is the unwanted motion forward to aft?. I put mine down on 12x12 plastic pads... they don't wobble.

Did you already tell us where you bought your JT's?

WW, those are actually a 6" wide piece. Previously i'd tried stabilizing with and without. The unwanted motion was mostly side to side. Next time out if I can remember i'll take some video!!

I bought the JT's from Amazon, was $221.

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart

Tags
xlr