Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,619
Thank you very much for the kind words S! I am happy to help and happy to get help as needed. Congrats on getting the new TH. I am looking forward to photos from you.

I hope we all share camping experience and photos this summer. Not counting the one's in Vegas... they have to stay there I am ready to hit the road, for sure.

PH, the door stop is from either HD or Lowes. I think they both have essentially the same bronze magnetic stop. The stove cover came from rvpartscountry.com and was $63.97 with shipping. Delivered quickly.
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Not counting the one's in Vegas... they have to stay there
WW,
Do you recommend any campgrounds near Vegas? I travel there a couple times a year to get out of the Minnesota cold but would love to camp some time in the spring/fall. (summer is just too hot for this warm blooded body... ).
__________________

__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
WW just found out how much I need the door magnetic door stop u posted - a must add item


Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #144
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,619
SteveJD,
I've only been there once and stayed at Nellis AFB Famcamp, but Hitchin' Post looked pretty good, tight, but clean. You almost certainly know the area better than me. I would post on the On the Road forum and check it out.
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #145
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
WolfWhistle,
I'm afraid most of my winter trips to Vegas have been inside the casinos for the most part. I have rented a bike in the past out there and rode around Lake Mead, Red Rock and Valley of Fire. Just looking for a new way to see Vegas (other than inside...). I was out there once in July. I don't care how dry it was, this northern was HOT...

Appreciate the recommendations. I will try the other forum as well...
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #146
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Third Table Leg

Where can I get a third table leg for my XLR?
__________________
motts461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by motts461 View Post
Where can I get a third table leg for my XLR?
No help here M, I don't have a single table leg to stand on
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Thank you very much for the kind words S! I am happy to help and happy to get help as needed. Congrats on getting the new TH. I am looking forward to photos from you.

I hope we all share camping experience and photos this summer. Not counting the one's in Vegas... they have to stay there I am ready to hit the road, for sure.

PH, the door stop is from either HD or Lowes. I think they both have essentially the same bronze magnetic stop. The stove cover came from rvpartscountry.com and was $63.97 with shipping. Delivered quickly.

by the time you get done with all your add ons you'll be at your total cargo weight . forgot you got the upgraded 5200# axles . lucky you

the only thing i'm doing is insulating the underneath . thinking about taking out the pocket doors for the bedroom . don't need them , extra weight . also going to lose some weight buy taking the matress out of the electric bed in the garage etc . try and lighten the dry weight as much as i can .
__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Homebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
by the time you get done with all your add ons you'll be at your total cargo weight . forgot you got the upgraded 5200# axles . lucky you

the only thing i'm doing is insulating the underneath . thinking about taking out the pocket doors for the bedroom . don't need them , extra weight . also going to lose some weight buy taking the matress out of the electric bed in the garage etc . try and lighten the dry weight as much as i can .

Northstar -

Do you still plan on ripping the gray water tank out and replacing with fresh like you talked about earlier ?








Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
Homebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #150
Senior Member
 
northstar1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: in my new 29hfsxlr
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
Northstar -

Do you still plan on ripping the gray water tank out and replacing with fresh like you talked about earlie







Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
never planned on ripping out any tank . thought out loud about a conversion but won't do anything like that till warranty is up and if i decide to keep unit more then a yr or two
__________________

__________________
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
xlr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.