Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman611 View Post
If you really want to have the generator mounted on the front rack; you could move the battery to the gen compartment.This would give you enough room up front.I have not done this as I do not want the generator this close to the unit.
Good idea Mountainman, The box fits this little inverter and a storage box I keep all the sewer stuff in and a little more for small things. The only issue is that unless you install a lock... yep, it isn't locked, but batteries aren't locked either, of course. Probably no one would steal a sewer hose... hard to sell on the "black" market... pun intended.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexGent View Post
Looks good WolfWhistle!!!

As for the gen on the tongue, I actually tried that with our Honda 3000, and the vibration transferred to the inside was horrible. Also lifting it around the propane tanks was a major pita. I previously had a truck camper, so have the gen setup in a luggage tray attached to a front bumper hitch. I decided to leave it there and just remove it when parked. I can't even imagine what the vibration would have been like if I had gotten the onboard gen.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
The little Honda 2000 is one of the smoothest and I know that on the tongue, the vibration and noise would be a problem. But, a good place to transport them. I will probably make or buy a lockable box for the generator and batteries. I've seen the for sale... but they are vewy, vewy proud of them.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #13

This is the gen prep box in case someone hasn't seen one. The light was nearly gone the other day when I did it, so took a pic yesterday. I bolted the 'gen prep' cables to lighter gauge cables to the inverter; screwed it in, then fastened / stored the other hoses and cables to the walls. I didn't want to mess up a future possible generator installation, so I didn't cut the ends. They are bolted, like i said and the little white things you see are medicine bottles that are taped on; insulating the connection. I have all the sewer things in a box that fits the space nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140627_152836.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	355.0 KB
ID:	56601  

Old 06-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #14

Looks nice and clean,need to do the same with mine.Love the inverter idea,nice job!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #15

Thumbs up

Husky Super Jack Foot. Gives 7-in. more height when you need it. I also like the way you can flip it up and down, mach schnell thus saving all the 'crankin'! 6500# capacity should do it. Easy to install, might have taken 20 minutes counting admirin' it! If your 29HFS is like mine, you don't need the bushing they provide, but you will need to drill the hole in the jack tube (on your trailer) to a slightly larger hole size... I didn't look, but this is was about 3/8-in or one bit under. You won't, and should not, to drill the Super Foot.

The red adds a new dimension... something else has to be painted red!... how about the brake drums??

I'm not promoting any retailer, but I got mine here with free shipping. Wolf.

Husky Brute Super Foot Fold Up Jack Extender - 2" and 2-1/4" Jacks - 7" - 6,500 lb Husky Accessories and Parts HT31610
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140629_161403 (Copy).jpg
Views:	273
Size:	355.1 KB
ID:	56690  

Old 06-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman611 View Post
Looks nice and clean,need to do the same with mine.Love the inverter idea,nice job!
Wish I had the arctic package. I've heard someone ask this, but does the trailer with the package have a larger (than 20K BTU) furnace? Also, do you know the GVWR of your unit?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Wish I had the arctic package. I've heard someone ask this, but does the trailer with the package have a larger (than 20K BTU) furnace? Also, do you know the GVWR of your unit?
I have the same furnace (20K BTU) but with the duel pane windows and extra insulation this furnace works a bit better with the arctic package.

The GVWR is 9333lbs.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #18

Recently I put a tool box on the tongue of mine, behind the gas tanks....one of the heavy duty polymere styles(keep sewer hoses and things locked in there...works good ..Wish I would have installed one all the way across and relocated battery in it.....I might still go back and do it and use that box inside garage for something....I tried Generator on tongue.....too close to the bed, even with the quiet run generator......found some AAA battery LEDs at Sams. $24 for two.....with motion mode, they are nice for extra lighting and so far last(had for over a year, they put out around 60 lums)....especially nice on service side of camper.....right now in process of designing mounts for mounting two of the aluminum drawer sliding boxes underneath and add a little extra storage.....
added the latch locks on left storage......
added broom hangers and normal organizing things inside.....
put in the articuling arm for t.v.
added a LG sound bar with wireless subwoofer....
havent finished yet, but in process of building dividers and organizing the under bed and seat storage areas.....
my wife added some bed foams or pads.....during winter we use foam inserts in vents....
not much of add on, but I use two padded jack stands(had two with flat notch, bought some thick rubber and glued to the top..... to level back door and use as a deck......
wall hangers in garage for hiking poles, metal detector and motorcycle items and fishing poles.

I am so glad I decided to add alot of things including some of the cold weather package underneath that we have done......way cheaper and just as effective.

Hope everyone has as much fun as we have with ours......
Old 06-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #19

I ordered a 13.5 ac to mount on the roof above the garage (Brisk 2). Already wired second 30amp inlet for this purpose. Should keep cool inside when above 90 degrees outside temperature after installation!

2013 XLR 27HFS
2009 Chevy Silveraldo 2500
meandmylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmylabs View Post
I ordered a 13.5 ac to mount on the roof above the garage (Brisk 2). Already wired second 30amp inlet for this purpose. Should keep cool inside when above 90 degrees outside temperature after installation!

I've been looking at doing the same exact thing. Did you have to brace the opening over the garage at all? Also were you able to run the wiring for it inside the ceiling and exterior walls?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
xlr