Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #211

OC your suggesting putting washers behind the fender and WW is putting an outboard washer and larger hole in the fender...doing both should eliminate these from cracking, OC's idea is to eliminate undo inward force on the non flat surface (ie Fender), WW is to eliminate the hole diameter and cracking caused by unequal outward (from the hole) pressure.
Great idea's...yes mine is cracked and you can tell they appear to be over tightened as they bow in at the screw openings. I am thinking of using both your ideas to keep this from happening again.
Thanks Guys!

Old 06-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #212
2014 XLR 27HFS

Simple, but overdue

Whenever I want to drain the fresh water tank or the water system itself, I have to get down on my knees, reach under the camper, take the caps off (trying not to lose them or drop in the dirt), wait till it drains, then screw them back on. So today, I replaced all 3 caps with screw on valves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Caps.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	79919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valves.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	79920  

Old 06-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #213

Nice job.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #214

It's been awhile since I have been able to post. Just too busy with work and family events (non-camping... ) but I wanted to make sure I shared some of the mod's have been able do in the past month. These are not in any order that they were done or importance and have been done by many others. Just wanted to share pictures with the group...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Surge Protector.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	79934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Hooks.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	79935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broom Hanger.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	79936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carpet.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	79937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chocks.jpg
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	79938  

Name:	Clock.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	79939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Locks.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	79940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnets.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	79941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Door Bar.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	79942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Triangle.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	79943  

Old 06-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #215

Not sure why some are sideways but here are some more...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Towel Holder.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	79944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent Covers.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	79945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Regulator.jpg
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	79946  
Old 06-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #216

I do have the Northern Tool conduit covers on order so I can make the Stinky Slinky storage tub under the trailer. Also, just purchased a folding ladder that will be modifying the gas tank brackets to hold the ladder. Other mods still on the list are - shutoff valves for the three water lines, mounting TV with swing arm (have the mount, just need to find the TV), silverware drawer, doors for under the bed storage area, furnace vent correction, outside LED light dimmer switch and I'm sure a few that I forgot to remember.

Can't wait for a few more local trips before heading out to Sturgis...
Old 06-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #217

Today i unhooked it for a couple days stay at Restoule Provincial Park in Ontario.
(just cell phone picture)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1434329672953.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	79947  

Toys-
Yamaha G9 Golf Cart
2010 Harley FLHX with lots of mods
bowtie_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:11 AM   #218

Had a local shop drop the belly pan to do some small stuff and check on some warranty items. Found the reason my black tank flush didn't work.. the elbow coming out of the tank was facing forward, which made the hose have to make a tight u-turn. Hoses don't usually make great u-turns so it had a nice heavy kink in it. Since it was already apart, I just had a tornado flush that I had already bought installed. Then we took a look at my gray water tank that's supposed to have a 57 gallon capacity only to find out that the tank is only stamped 31 gallons... So I have bulletbob looking into the tank for me and I have to see if I can submit my bill for reimbursement. Not sure if they will honor a non FR certified repair shop though...

While it was down, I also installed a cable line with 2 outdoor connections in the skirting. This way I can connect the 'utilities' side when I connect everything and I'll have an easy connection for the TV on the other side. No more having to toss a line underneath. I was hoping to find some cable connections under there that I could tee into so I only had to make 1 connection on the utility side, but no such luck.

Also cleaned up all of the wiring and tubing the best I could without disconnecting anything. As others have found, everything was just hanging down and looked like crap. Really lucky we dropped it because the main brake wire was pinched between 2 pieces of metal in the frame and was starting to get cut (luckily it was only through the outside insulation, and not into any of the wires). One good axle droop and we would have lost the brakes... Fun stuff.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #219

Well hello gentlemen and ladies if any read this . Hope you're having a great summer! I see several are camping. I've been home from a month in north GA... Loved it. No issues at all. AC works better than when new! Thanks for the tips and photos! PH I checked the connections at the front and didn't find anything broken, but did notice a need for better bonding back to B- (ground). I don't particularly like the frame used for a ground buss, but it us what it is... Steve I can't tell for sure but is the device with LED readout a voltage monitor... I should do that. I like everything you have done! Also, did you install real tile back splash? When I had the belly pan off mine I tried to pay special attention for any pinched wires... Hope I didn't miss a brake wire trouble. As, I routed and tied the up; I made access "covers" to the hidden brake connectors then sealed then up; when CI of Jax swapped axles, they used crimp-on splices outside the "covers" I wish the did that inside the belly pan. When I added gate valves to the three drains, I started to just screw on the pipe ends, but it seemed the valves would be too low to the ground, so I 90'd them as tight to the bottom as was practical. The FW drain with PVC only, but WH and "low point" I 90'd with PEX and turned out the side and made a diamond plate / mount for those gate valves. I turned the down from the vakce and have labeled them. It would be dangerous if someone accidentally opened the WH drain witg WH full of hot water. Today I'm going to wash the spielzug and treat the roof with protectant. Pictures later today.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #220

WW,
The LED read out is the progressive hw30c. It gives volts, amps, errors and something else I can't remember right now. There is a bypass switch as well incase the unit goes bad. It trigger the first weekend we were out for about 10 mins. But I had the LED not mounted yet so I'm not sure what the code was.

Tags
xlr