Old 06-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
Hi everybody - wow what a b!tch my tranny rebuild became - it fought me right up until memorial weekend - but it shift sweet now - added dual electric fans to radiator - deleted engine power robbing fan - added huge transmission cooler - new headers / flow master exhaust- 3 TVs - 4 batteries 1 4000watt inventor outside TV mount - wireless video transmitters --- pics coming soon as time permits prob - when lounging on July 2 - 14th ��
It looked like it would be tough, but if its easy anyone could do it

Electric fans are said to be large help even for these 6.7 CIDs too. Only stopping me is the cost. I think the ROI is something like 1,000 years, but not sure my calculator likes me. The flowmasters got to sound good! I get the tvs and the batteries (the battery man, has to love you right now!), but the 4000 watt inventor cornfuses me... Inverter, I bet anyway, holy macaroly, thats a bunch of inverter, if you know watt I mean. Tell me more. I know you won't forget the pictures, cause this last post doesn't count until you do.

BTW I came a click away from volunteering at Dunes national rec park on Oregon... I can't believe the dunes there! Either that or a gig in Sonoma county, CA. I would really love to get to Yosemite before I kick the bucket, too. Its only a matter of spending $1500 - $1800 or so (RT) for fuel, what the heck.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:14 AM   #232

WW - I think your the inventor😜 (yes inverter) you keep showing stuff I need to get done - it's going to take all summer to catch up😱 - the door stops are next priority on list, then some more counter space some how........thinking the garage/bathroom door needs to be a slider door -might have to be a winter project - then there's the underbelly - have to get done before winter .......

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Old 06-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
WW - I think your the inventor�� (yes inverter) you keep showing stuff I need to get done - it's going to take all summer to catch up�� - the door stops are next priority on list, then some more counter space some how........thinking the garage/bathroom door needs to be a slider door -might have to be a winter project - then there's the underbelly - have to get done before winter .......

Get out and Play Harder��

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015��
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
PH, I flipped my garage door around so it opens into the garage... for me the door swinging into the bathroom cabinet was a poor design. I stained the old screw holes and cut a small piece of original paneling (scrap) to cover the old striker hole / mess. I should have done that the first day... cost $0... time 30 minutes with simple handtools and only one cold one . The door swings over the legs of the condor wheel chock. Not even a squeeze getting in and out. Counter space is a problem for the DW, but I'm okay with it. When she rarely goes with me, I take the roll around island cabinet, otherwise I leave it home. You only have to buy one, not make it Oh... for traveling I lay it on its back on the floor with one strap to keep it from migrating.

Winsome Basics Kitchen Cart & Reviews | Wayfair

Old 06-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #234

WW - good idea for bathroom door gonna do that today - still looking on putting a slider in but reversing door sounds like a quick fix for now. I'm thinking some sort of pull out shelf or a flip up shelf mount in space in front of stove panel. Will be in Florence, OR mid July / that's dune city - dunes go on forever
Old 06-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #235

Ok after checking - I have a Can Am Spyder - I need a slider door - reversing is not an option - won't be able to access garage --- it would be nice if FR would make both bathroom doors sliders like bedroom - it would free up a lot of space and flow - plus you wouldn't have doors slamming ever time the wind blows through..
Old 06-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #236

I would love to come out to Oregon or Cali... There is volunteer jobs at Dune s Natl park

Old 06-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #237
2014 XLR 27HFS

Hose Reels

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about this one and wandering the aisles at Depot & Lowes looking at stuff. Finally decided on the design and put it into action the last couple of weekends.

The first picture is the compartment before I started, pretty messy. The next two show the rail system that the board slides in and out on. The next shows the board with the 3 reels on it. For each, you can unscrew one bolt and swivel it 90 degrees to unreel or reel up the electrical cable, water hose, and black tank flush hose. The reels are too tall to go through the compartment door, so I had to come up with a way to swivel them for loading. I had a lot of fancy ideas, but decided to Keep It Simple Stupid.

The next few pics show the completed job, the board pulled out and the first reel 'deployed' for use. This setup took up more room in the compartment than I expected. I'm not even sure it is going to be really useful until I go out again, but I had fun doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 - Compartment - Before.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	80645   Click image for larger version

Name:	05 - Rails Done.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	80646   Click image for larger version

Name:	06 - Rail End.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	80647   Click image for larger version

Name:	07 - Hose Board.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	80648   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 - Complete.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	80649  

Name:	11 - Out Stowed.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	80650   Click image for larger version

Name:	13 - Out Deployed.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	80651  
Old 06-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #238

What did you do to your Hyperlite XLR today?

Ok your way more organized than me😄😄
Looks good - but too much lost space - I need every inch of space under there
Old 06-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #239
Mod free 5er

Not a Hyperlite XLR, but something similar could be made.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01374.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	80654   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01372.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	80655   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01371.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	80656  
Old 06-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #240

I like the workmanship, Steve, I can tell you put a lot of thought into that.

OC, nice sliding platform; nicely made. Your compartment is somewhat larger than on these XLRs. I've thought something like this, but I think I can get more in there, a less sophisticated way.

I have 2 boxes that just clear the opening height that lets me really pack it in; plus some loose things, too. I turn one box sideways all the way in, the other straight in, plus loose things that I use immediately loose at the door. The things I need every time is in the closest box the other contains emergency or items not used as much. I can slip a couple of folding chairs in there too, but its tight. I didn't get the genny, so I keep sewer hose stuff in a plastic box; the little inverter on the wall, the cord that runs to the transfer switch, a box of vinyl gloves, etc., in there as well.

Tags
xlr