Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #351
Junior Member
 
akb2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Maple Valley, WA.
Posts: 12
Vinyl tile in bathroom on 27' HFS

This is the vinyl tile in the bathroom. Still need to figure out the sides but I think it looks cool. I found a little plastic-ey side piece at Home Depot that i can just stick on the sides for a more "polished" look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150815_133115.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	87090
__________________

__________________
akb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #352
Junior Member
 
akb2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Maple Valley, WA.
Posts: 12
Loaded up the toy!

This is our Polaris RZR that we took out recently in our 2014 27'HFS. We towed the toy hauler once unladen - tows beautifully. Second time, we had this in the back, nose-in. BIG difference. Not really sure how much the RZR weighs (we thought 1000#) but it must be heavier. Third time, DH got wise and decided to try it with the RZR backed in so the engine would be at the back (towards the bathroom door). In these things the motor is in the back, make sense? Tows much better with the front of the RZR facing the ramp. We are towing it with our F250 and it's fine - it's just that you can feel that "tug" when she's loaded up. Love, love, love our toyhauler. Still feel giddy when I see it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150801_100931 (1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	87093

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150801_204317.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	87094
__________________

__________________
akb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:02 PM   #353
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by akb2000 View Post
This is our Polaris RZR that we took out recently in our 2014 27'HFS. We towed the toy hauler once unladen - tows beautifully. Second time, we had this in the back, nose-in. BIG difference. Not really sure how much the RZR weighs (we thought 1000#) but it must be heavier. Third time, DH got wise and decided to try it with the RZR backed in so the engine would be at the back (towards the bathroom door). In these things the motor is in the back, make sense? Tows much better with the front of the RZR facing the ramp. We are towing it with our F250 and it's fine - it's just that you can feel that "tug" when she's loaded up. Love, love, love our toyhauler. Still feel giddy when I see it.
Attachment 87093

Attachment 87094
Cool AKB. And, they way the garage can haul 2K#. I would imagine that the razor straight in reduced tongue weight so the ratio was below 10%. The only way to know is to weigh the rig.

Are you saying that what looks like tile backsplash is vinyl? Tell me more.

Thanks for the pics. WW
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #354
Member
 
roguepra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 53
Anyone do anything to keep the cabinet doors over the couch in the slideout and bed open when in use? the ones that open up towards the ceiling.....Boss says fix it, I'm looking for ideas... guess I'm off to lowes
__________________
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:19 PM   #355
Junior Member
 
akb2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Maple Valley, WA.
Posts: 12
Smart tile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Cool AKB. And, they way the garage can haul 2K#. I would imagine that the razor straight in reduced tongue weight so the ratio was below 10%. The only way to know is to weigh the rig.

Are you saying that what looks like tile backsplash is vinyl? Tell me more.

Thanks for the pics. WW
Yes WW I ordered them off of homedepot.com. if you go to the website type in "smart tile" in the search field. You can see all the possibilities. It's a 1x1 peel and stick vinyl tile. Easy peasy.
__________________
akb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #356
Junior Member
 
akb2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Maple Valley, WA.
Posts: 12
Cabinet holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
Anyone do anything to keep the cabinet doors over the couch in the slideout and bed open when in use? the ones that open up towards the ceiling.....Boss says fix it, I'm looking for ideas... guess I'm off to lowes
Yes we are having the same problem with the cabinets. Super annoying to hold it open with one hand while you use the other to grab your goods. We were thinking maybe a tiny magnet on the ceiling that would line up with the handle when pushed up???
__________________
akb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #357
Member
 
roguepra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 53
tried that...didn't work the handles aren't magnet friendly... going to get the holds like are on a toy box tomorrow from lowes, Ill let you know how it worked
__________________
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:18 AM   #358
Senior Member
 
oldgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
tried that...didn't work the handles aren't magnet friendly... going to get the holds like are on a toy box tomorrow from lowes, Ill let you know how it worked

What about these?

http://cdn.opentip.com/Tools-Home-Im...FRc2gQodbTwAOw
__________________
2015 XLR Nitro 30FQSL
2015 F250 King Ranch
oldgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #359
Member
 
roguepra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 53
Thanks OG...that's the same idea I was looking at (different style) I'm going to look around lowes tomorrow so I can get this knocked out without having to wait for shipping...Id like to have it done by next weekend...I was just reading about your led swap... got that on the list also...now that you have been using them, is there anything you would have done different??
__________________
roguepra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:43 AM   #360
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,606
A couple of ideas... plus one

This has to be one of the least expsnsive ways to hold a door up. I wish I had seen this before I went with the catches I used. Just Finding Our Way: Just Hold It
You should check out these folks mods on a Casita 5th wheel... nice stuff

I went with this to keep it simple and easy to install, but it requires two hands to lift the door; one to hold the door and the other to swing the catch down. But, it certainly holds the doors well. I bought from another source and the price of a pack of two was about this much... this is just the first one I found just now.
Rounded Baggage Door Catch - White - RV Designer E211 - Compartment and Hatch Hardware - Camping World


Other than the first very inexpensive idea, this next one is much better. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Ca...-p/31-1474.htm
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
xlr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.