Old 08-30-2015, 08:35 AM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguepra View Post
Thanks OG...that's the same idea I was looking at (different style) I'm going to look around lowes tomorrow so I can get this knocked out without having to wait for shipping...Id like to have it done by next weekend...I was just reading about your led swap... got that on the list also...now that you have been using them, is there anything you would have done different??

Nope. That was the easiest way thru it and definitely the cheapest. All outside, no cutting except the plastic trim piece that covers the existing LED channel. I cut it down and placed back in 2 shorter sections. I wouldn't change it. It was too easy.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #362

My wife had the same complaint and while we were in Goshen, Bob swapped the hinges from the tops to the sides. Problem solved and you can't even tell. He did note the weight on the side hinges could cause some premature wear. Doesn't matter. My wife loves it. And Bob.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel

Old 08-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #363

wow WW, great ideas thanks for the info...if lowes doesn't have anything similar to the cabinet door struts on the third link you posted then I will have to wait and order them..I would like to have it done today for next weekend...Love the spring idea also....
Old 08-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
My wife had the same complaint and while we were in Goshen, Bob swapped the hinges from the tops to the sides. Problem solved and you can't even tell. He did note the weight on the side hinges could cause some premature wear. Doesn't matter. My wife loves it. And Bob.

2014 XLR27HFS
another idea I had not thought about....thanks...now I have to grab a cigar and think about which way to go......
Old 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post

2014 XLR27HFS
I changed the swing on my old Greywolf, like that; but they stuck out so far when open that they were a receipe for a contusion. In fact, I still have nightmares (LOL)... I am also going to change the swing on the cabinet over the sink to "up". I forget to close it all the way (I know, its an age thing) and it has gotten me a couple of times real good. I'll be shopping for screen door springs and make my own.

The main thing is your wife loves it... done and done!

I actually installed gas shocks (years ago) on a cabinet door that was so strong, my wife couldn't close it. It was entertaining to watch, tho.

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #366

Ok well lowes didn't have what was needed..it was to large and was made for the left side of the door I would have had to move the latch to the right side of the cabinet...I decided instead of re arranging I would just order the struts from rv upgrade and wait... once again thanks everyone for the input, i'll take pics when its done..
Old 08-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #367
Mod free 5er

You can also use short extension springs. Just anchor one end on the frame and the other on the door and push them in to close the door. Works great and it's cheaper than store bought devices.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:11 AM   #368

I looked at the springs while I was at lowes and thought about that.... It was only 30 bucks for the seven struts shipped, so I went that route
Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 AM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by akb2000 View Post
This is the vinyl tile in the bathroom. Still need to figure out the sides but I think it looks cool. I found a little plastic-ey side piece at Home Depot that i can just stick on the sides for a more "polished" look.

Attachment 87090
AKB, I've ordered enough to do the bath and kitchen from counter top to cabinet bottom all the way around. Wayfair is probably the source for HD and Lowes, (not available in stores) but going with either of those, I would have bought too much... the web page negotiating was poorly done... so I am buying from Walmart since they sell singles. The color/style I like is Bellagio... I love saying it.... Bellagio Now if it only sticks!

I'll post pictures when I get'r dun.

WW

Old 09-01-2015, 08:00 AM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You can also use short extension springs. Just anchor one end on the frame and the other on the door and push them in to close the door. Works great and it's cheaper than store bought devices.
Just Finding Our Way: Just Hold It
This is the "one" I shared, OC. Check out the mods these guys made to their micro 5th wheel.
WW

Tags
xlr