Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #401
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
WW,
Can you confirm your errors when trying to upload your pictures from your PC? You had done it plenty of times in the past, so I know it's not a procedure thing. I'm guessing some "setting" was turned on or off with your profile. You still have the "paper clip"/attach file icon when typing the message, right?

Let's get you back to posting pictures....
Steve, I looked and I've uploaded 202 files 24.59Mb in total.

I click "quote" after reading your message. Then I scroll down to "manage attachments" BTW I have 1)Show your signature, 2)Automatically parse links in text and 3)Automatically retrieve titles from external links all checked. Notification type is: Instant email notification and Rating Thread - Choose a rating (nothing selected)

So, to attach I click Manage Attachents and a box pops up. Choose File (I find a file); I chose a pic of my camper (265K jpg) then click Upload. In 6 seconds I got a message at the top of the pop up "img.jpg Upload of file failed."

Does this from two PCS with various camera sources also from my smart phone when using the FRF app.

Hopefully, someone that knows something with the server / system (could be virtual or a hosted option) will be notified and find the issue.

I've thought about creating a new account and trying to upload, but my IP would be the same, so if I am being blocked by firewall (etc) that will probably do no good.

Thanks,
WW
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #402
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
WW,
Well it's not the size of the file. This file is 355k.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping in Sturgis.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	355.7 KB
ID:	88965  
__________________

__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #403
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
WW,
Well it's not the size of the file. This file is 355k.
And it's not because your using the "quote" option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	88966  
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #404
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
And it's not because your using the "quote" option.
The above post was via the paperclip. This one is via the Manage Attachements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chock.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	88968  
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #405
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Steve, I looked and I've uploaded 202 files 24.59Mb in total.

I click "quote" after reading your message. Then I scroll down to "manage attachments" BTW I have 1)Show your signature, 2)Automatically parse links in text and 3)Automatically retrieve titles from external links all checked. Notification type is: Instant email notification and Rating Thread - Choose a rating (nothing selected)

So, to attach I click Manage Attachents and a box pops up. Choose File (I find a file); I chose a pic of my camper (265K jpg) then click Upload. In 6 seconds I got a message at the top of the pop up "img.jpg Upload of file failed."

Does this from two PCS with various camera sources also from my smart phone when using the FRF app.

Hopefully, someone that knows something with the server / system (could be virtual or a hosted option) will be notified and find the issue.

I've thought about creating a new account and trying to upload, but my IP would be the same, so if I am being blocked by firewall (etc) that will probably do no good.

Thanks,
WW
WW,
My settings match yours as well....

The one thing I want to confirm is your file name. The above error says - "img.jpg" is what failed to upload. Your file name is not - mypicture.img.jpg is it? Just trying to rule out Attachment upload thinking it's an invalid file extension.
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #406
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 482
forgot to add the picture....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FR Extensions.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	88971  
__________________
2015 XLR Hyperlite 29HFS (installing mods...)
2004 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.0L
stevejd235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:31 AM   #407
Senior Member
 
Play Harder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 492
I use the apple Forest River app it uploads picture very easy - no issues


Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
__________________
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #408
Senior Member
 
breezyhillfarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Harder View Post
I use the apple Forest River app it uploads picture very easy - no issues


Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!

Me too. No problems.


2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
__________________
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #409
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,620
This was probably the first time I tried to upload that particular img.jpg. I've tried many others, but usually jpg or png. I tried a very small .doc and another jpg. The jpg was named DSC00413.JPG, it was 3.1M... so I found one at 104K and another 77K all failed. Pretty much broke!
WW
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:23 PM   #410
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,620
Steve, I grabbed your picture of file extensions... failed
WW
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
xlr

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.